Shanon's #'daily'painting.

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Shanon's #'daily'painting.

Post by Lady_Soria » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Sorry for the not getting anything done guys. Been busy and stressed out lately. Also I need some paints for my Space Marine captain, which I need to order still. Man I wish a local retailer carried Reaper paints.

But anyroad, I'm going to work on basing the space marines I do have.. just one question... should I dull coat before or after I base them?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:16 pm

I prefer to do it after, as it helps the white glue typically used for basing to remain adhered to everything. However if you're using a lot of flock, it's worth testing one model before spraying all of them... some spray varnishes tend to look strange on flock, almost snowy.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Not much to report, yesterday I worked on basing my Space marines. I'm doing crystals like from an old MWG video tutorial. I haven't decided on a colour yet though... I was going to do green, but I was afraid that might come off as too Necronish.

Today I just primed some stuff.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:36 am

So... I am now going to be working on a secret project for you guys... hopefuly I'll get it done tonight.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:So... I am now going to be working on a secret project for you guys... hopefuly I'll get it done tonight.
>.> secret u say...?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:14 pm

secret...you NO DAMN IT my curiosity has been sent into overdrive...i hate secrets -.-...
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:24 pm

fluffyfen wrote:secret...you NO DAMN IT my curiosity has been sent into overdrive...i hate secrets -.-...
you and me both, we must find out what this travesty is all about!!!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 pm

It took forever, and I had to scrap my project but I give you PICTURES!

I apologize for the quality.... Dang light box I threw together did not work AT ALL.

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm

THE CORD CAME IN : O?
and what was the project anyway D: ?

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 pm

A light box. >_< And the cord came finally. My sister's first words were ' Oh good, I was starting to think it was a scam.'

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 pm

o.o PICTURES!!! YAY!

Dwarves lookin real good :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks. :D I can't paint eyes, yet, for the life of me but they were a good way to warm up back into he hobby.

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 pm

my light box is some print paper glued together :3 and im loving the dwarfs sorry my shock in you getting a cord overwhelmed me at first XD

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:44 am

Ooooo, dwarfs look good. I really like the purple shields.

You don't need a lightbox! Just use a bent piece of paper when taking pics. That's how I do it anyway...
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm

So... not much to report today. Working on the crystals for my Space Marine bases.... but I'm having a heck of a time trying to decide a colour. I've narrowed it down to three

Blue:

Green:

And Red

Red and blue didn't turn out as well as I liked, so I kinda like the green the most but... I'm worried it comes off as Necron crystals. What do you guys think?

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”