Shanon's #'daily'painting.

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Shanon's #'daily'painting.

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 pm

the green is a great colour for purple because it is a contrasting colour, my vote goes on green :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:16 pm

That's what I was thinking. So not too necrony?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:That's what I was thinking. So not too necrony?

as long as they arent like GREEEEEEEN they shouldnt be too necron-like
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 am

So, I have been busy... its just I have not wanted to bore you guys with ' shaping sprue pieces into crystals...again.' But they are coming along nicely, although the processes has been more... difficult then first expect... I know now how Dan felt when he was running into his troubles with basing his Cygnar. Early success tricks you into think its easy! I'm going to paint them today and , hopefully, get more pic up later. They won't be completely done, but as done as I can get them until I can get my hands on some sand.... if it weren't for the stupid rain I'd just go to the nearest park and fill a baggy.

In other news I have the world's best Brother in law, who, despite not really understanding the game side of the hobby, thinks the hobby side of it is awesome a built me a light box, of sorts. Pics later tonight with the minis.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am

Can't wait Soria :)
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Lady_Soria wrote: if it weren't for the stupid rain I'd just go to the nearest park and fill a baggy.

Ya know you can bake sand to dry it out right? Pour the sand onto a cookie sheet and bake at 200-250 and keep an eye on it. It should dry out fairly quick as long as it's not soaked.

Lady_Soria wrote: built me a light box

Score!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

/face palm Yet another moment of where I puzzle over stuff and somebody on daily paint makes me feel like a derp.

The sand would probably be soaked by now, but if I get to the park and find nobody around I'll scoop me some sand... or just wait for good weather and my nieces to come home with shoes full of the stuff.

Anyroad, on with the show!

First off... the light box! ... Of sorts.

Image Its work actually very well.

Now the the Space Marine are Still a WIP but here they are, just messing some sand.Image

Just the termies

DREADNAUGHT!

And last but not least, the captain, who I really do need to look up a name for in my book of Celtic mythology...

His sword is not done yet.. the paint I was planing to use is solidifies and the water I'm adding is not getting it to a consistency I like, so I have to wait until have money to buy the Reaper equivalent....I'm starting to think I should just sign over my first born to the Reaper paint guys already and get it over with. Anyway.. Yo captain! Give us a spin like a good lil model.

And now I have ' I'm too sexy' stuck in my head.

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

lookin real good Shanon! :) Can't wait to see more of dem sexxy space marines
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 pm

purple is my favoritest color ever :D

and that light box is epic...mine is just trash compared to it XD
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 am

The no name captain looks great Soria!
I hate when I find paint like that. Always a surprise! :|

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:59 am

fluffyfen wrote:purple is my favoritest color ever :D

and that light box is epic...mine is just trash compared to it XD

I'm glad you like it Fluffy. Its Imperial Purple from Reaper.

The light box was dead simple for him to make, foam core broad. ( Or whatever that stuff with the stiff outside of core center is, and super glue that was it. It had to sit fora few hours with to of my big heavy books on it. My obsession with strange reference books came in handy. :D

@Blue Yeah... its another reason I''m switching to Reaper from GW.. same amount of time between uses.. and none of my Reaper paints are dried out. GW make a decent product, especially there inks and bases, but what's not completely solidified is in the process of doing so... but its going to take me ages to phase them out...

Blue

Postby Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Lady_Soria wrote: its another reason I''m switching to Reaper from GW..

Yeah, I learned quickly but not quickly enough. I have bout 30 GW colors I will barely use. I was happy with their metallic line but that's about it. Washes never do what they're supposed to, foundations were a joke, and the pots... Why the pots...
Now with the recent slaughter of the entire range I have no need to purchase their paints again. :D Just need to resist the urge to pick up some fresh paint every time I'm there... :roll:

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Yeah.. I have about 30 of them myself.. I kinda like their bases and inks... but I may need to to do a test run of each for myself.

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm

So... no updates.. mostly because I haven't done anything.. much.. I'm slowly working on siome terrain, which is looking good.. but I have been feeling unmotivated.. I think I know why.

While I tend to be able to work between two or three stories pretty well ( my muse has ADHD and drink a barrel of coffee a day) I'm not the same way with painting projects. So with Captain Blondie's sword unfinished I have not been motivated to move on to other things. That will change TOMORROW! Today I got a lovely package from MWG that included the paint I needed. It also included Mike n' Ike's which I have unwisely consumed with coffee so um yeah.. If my post read like those you would expect from a hyper ferret, that's why. So tomorrow I shall paint his sword and I figured I'd tell you wonderful and talented people my plan, in case you suggestions.

My plan is the use Mike's technique for large area lighting on the sword, with blue, specifically Regal blue and enchanted blue. The only other way I'm going to differ from Mike's tutorial is instead of making the lighting look like its emanating from the edges by using the light tone on the edges I'm going to attempt to make it look like the lighting in coming from the center of the sword.

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Mike n Ikes and coffee.... not bad.... I did gummy worms and coffee this morning xD
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”