Shanon's #'daily'painting.

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Shanon's #'daily'painting.

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

So I've finally decided to make this lovely thread since it seems nobody minds that I can't post pic yet, I figure why the heck not. I put quotations around daily because well, despite having massive amounts of time, more or less, I don't have a whole lot of fund, so I will do what I can for now, and hope my financial situation gets better soon. Interviews are difficult when you have issues making eye contact. also I seem to have developed a fondness for injury my hands on Thursdays, last Thursday it was a minor burn on my left hand, the one before that was a a gash on my right index finger that required two stitches.

Anyyyyywayyy, I guess I should get you guys up to speed hmm? I am currently re painting ( again) my dwarfs from the BfSP box set, finally deciding once I get back into Warhammer, I'm having an army of dwarfs to keep my knight company. I'm doing in a similar colour scheme as my Space Marine, stone gray and Imperial purple, expect more gray and less purple. Lets see... last night I finally got around to putting together those two free zombies I got from Mantic from a contest or something ages ago.

Plan for today:

Start base coating my two zombies.

Either start on the base coat for the metallics for me dwarfs ( warriors and hand gunners) or move onto the next coat, haven't decided in which order to do things yet.

Start work on some terrain. ( My brother in law works in at a company that tend to have a lot of throw away foam... can anybody say freebies. :D )

Also, on a final note yes that is how you spell my first name. My parents, I guess figured, since my older sister had an usual name I should have a common name with an unusual spelling. The family joke is my dad ( who is a Scottish immigrant) did not want his daughter named after an Irish river ( my mother is of pure Irish decent so obviously he was not serious.)
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Shanon's #'daily'painting.

Postby Smartah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Welcome aboard! You FINALLY made a #thedailypaint log! Ugh, we were waiting for like EVER :P <3 <3
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 pm

YAY Soria is in the mix now!!! :D :D :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

theninjanid
Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.

Postby theninjanid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Welcome to the daily paint looking forward to the progress. Pics don't matter. ...... For now.
"don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee
Because the TNN is awesome - Tmb
you're just made of pure win - Sniperfex
"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm sure Smartah will start beating me around the head and neck for them eventually. :D

:: goes back to shaping foam::
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:I'm sure Smartah will start beating me around the head and neck for them eventually. :D

:: goes back to shaping foam::

Nawh. I'll just sit on you and toot :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Bah! I've built up an immunity to that thanks to my stinky cat.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm

Wait, you need pics. For now, just draw everything you have painted in MS Paint and upload it to this thread.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Welcome Gift!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Blue wrote:Welcome Gift!

Pfft, she's from Canadia and only knows Timmy hobags
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I googled timmy hobags and got a bunch of rap videos! :lol:

Was hoping for more focus on the giant cup of coffee...

You can have this instead, but i think you may have to fight that dude there over it. :|

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Try Tim Hortons :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Blue

Postby Blue » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:30 pm

She has to fight the rebel alliance for this one...

and that dude looks reeeaaalll thirsty!

Look at that! No camera cord and still a lot of pics! :twisted:

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 pm

:lol: Thanks Blue.

Okay, what I've gotten done so far. Cut some foam and hopefully put it together for a piece of terrain. We'll see if its put together when the glue dries. Black bases another piece of terrain ( soon to be a tower) and started base coating.

Trying to decide if I should work on basing my Space marine or working on my dwarfs or zombies... decisions decisions.

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 pm

WOOT welcome aboard :D
now maybe smartah wont beat you around the head for pics but neither will I...
so ill just nag instead :P
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”