Dustinp's #the daily paint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dustinp's #the daily paint

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm pretty sure it's this one right here http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... LIBEPMCMAQ.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby dustinp » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Dez wrote:I'm pretty sure it's this one right here http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... LIBEPMCMAQ.

thanks. i'll be picking one up sometime soon, probably next payday.

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 pm

After i had finished the light box i realized i had no lamps or any form of light to light it somewhat properly. So after spending about an hour running around the town where i live checking every store that could have some sort of lamp i found absolutely nothing, so i had to order some. so it'll probably be a bit before i get to put the light box to use.

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 pm

well here's the progress today. layed down a few more colors and did some further assembly. still gotta do the heads for the ones missing them. and splash a little more color on and they should be good enough for me. lotsa metallics to go . enjoy. and thanks for all the great comments that you guys posted before that's always great to hear.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm

:: nearly spit out her tea:: Holy crap. O_O
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Those are beautiful. They're kinda making my Space Wolves look like crap... and I've painted pretty nice Space Wolves ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 pm

I really like that yellow, looks great!

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 am

Looking mighty fine mate!!!! I hate you all that paint such beautiful models from armies that I do not yet collect...... You make my pine for new models and my wallet hates you..... That being said I love the puppies man!
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Sarkastik » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 am

Those are down right GORGEOUS! Awesome job!
My Armies:
FTs - 2250 pts (75% Painted)
CSM - 1850pts - (45% Painted)
DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:33 pm

thanks everyone for all the kind comments, i'm really close to being finished the wolves so i will be posting a pic later on tonight once they are done. if not tonight then i'll post them in the morning. just found out i cut out one less head than i needed ( hates assembly ) but got it primed now just waiting till it's dry then i'll be starting on the flesh.

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Wheww, they're finally done, woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so i got to putting some of the finishing touches up on these guys. so here they are all finished up. it took a few days to do them, which is fast for me. usually i spend a good 3-4 days per model. this thread has definitely kept me motivated to ge some stuff done, and i gotta thank everyone who's posted in here on my progress it's definitely hpushed me to stay focussed on the units i've been working on. so now that these guys are done it's back to painting the chaplain, black armor :( . not looking forward to it but hopefully it comes out decent enough.

Dez

Postby Dez » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:04 pm

They look great, that's an army you can be proud of!

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:36 am

I am with Dez, phenomenal looking unit man!!
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:52 pm

thanks for the comments on the finished wolves always good to hear. i just finished up the second black highlights on this chaplain and am looking for some advice or suggestions on it. if i should take it a little further with the black highlight or leave it were it's at. i still have to do the shading since i started with a charcoal grey color for it. anything would be great. tanks.

lemme know what you think.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Man, your painting is phenomenal. Regarding the Chaplain, unless you just have *too* much lighting in the photos, I'd probably recommend working a shadow into the model, rather than more highlight. Your black appears very grey - adding some darker shades into the corners would work well to help create the contrast you want while also making the black, blacker. Right now it kind of looks like "Old T-Shirt Black", if you know what I mean :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”