Dustinp's #the daily paint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Dustinp's #the daily paint

Postby dustinp » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 pm

well I guess i'll jump on the band wagon and attempt to join in on this thing. well while i'm at home and maybe while i'm on the road if the conditions are good enough. I may not be able to update every day or even close to it at time due to being away from home a lot of the time but i'll do my best, and when i can i'll bring something along and a camera to keep this thing going. there will probably be a lot of WIP pics because i never finish anything in a day.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dustinp's #the daily paint

Postby Oceangrave0 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Welcome to the cult mate!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:Welcome to the cult mate!!

You said it. I feel incomplete (I'm totally being serious) if I don't do something hobby every day. It's pretty crazy
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Smartah wrote:

You said it. I feel incomplete (I'm totally being serious) if I don't do something hobby every day. It's pretty crazy

Haha, you and me both Andi :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Oceangrave0 wrote:
Smartah wrote:

Haha, you and me both Andi :P

i cant sit still unless i do some modelling XD assembly greenstuffing kitbashing w/e
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Welcome to it! There's no obligation to do something every day... just when you can. We all have lives (more or less) outside this hobby. But most of us are finding #thedailypaint a great way to stay motivated, learn from each other, and keep the paint going :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm

that's what i was thinking it would help me with is to stay motivated to keep painting what i got. i'll have pics up tonight of the model i've been wotking on today well as far as i got on it anyways.

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Welcome aboard mate!!! Looking forward to seeing your stuff
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Well here's yesterdays progress not too much but he's gettin close to being done. just gt the black armor ( such a pain ) the cloth/paper stuff, and purity seels and some other dangly bits. and and let me know which backround works better for you guys, i think the white came out way too bright.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Progress is looking good! Black armour is definitely a pain to look good. I'd have to rank it right behind yellow, and a little before white on my list of least favourite colours to paint ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

I agree with Mike, only black is second to orange. I just can't get a good orange ever
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

kavika0311
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby kavika0311 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 pm

That Termie Chaps is looking really good so far. How are you coming with that Tac Squad for our Deathmatch?
AOBR Astartes Coalition

Imperial Fists WIP

Critiques and tips are more than welcome.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:16 pm

That Chap looks good so far! I love painting yellow! I have a hard time NOT painting every army I do yellow. I may even paint my DE yellow...

The crew is right, I've been painting and/or modeling nearly every day. I do feel the urge to play Skyrim, but I'm denying myself.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:19 pm

kavika0311 wrote:That Termie Chaps is looking really good so far. How are you coming with that Tac Squad for our Deathmatch?

I'ts coming along pretty well. actually doing grey hunters ( pretty much the same thing just needed a change from the greens for a bit lol) a few of them are close to finishing touches and some still need head painted because they have no helmets.

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby dustinp » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Well for yesterday and todays progress i finally finished these guys up. most was done yesterday just had to do some finishing touches up today. and by the looks of things i need to get those eyes to pop, i'll get it next time.

lemme know what you guys think.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”