Charles' #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Charles' #thedailypaint

Post by Blue » Tue May 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Ohhh, nice plastic crack dude!

The death match entry looks good bro.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 am

Blue wrote:Ohhh, nice plastic crack dude!

Thanks! I figured I better grab what I could before the price hike... have a few more things coming, but that's going to be it for a long while...
Blue wrote:The death match entry looks good bro.
Thanks! I was using it as a test model for the scheme I plan to use for my warriors. Im pretty pleased with how it came out.

Made some slight progress last night, got 3 /6 reavers built, minus riders.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 am

Glad to see you back on a roll with your DE mate. Test mini looks great!
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 am

Midge913 wrote:Glad to see you back on a roll with your DE mate. Test mini looks great!
Thanks!

Well, I finished off the jet bikes last night, so hopefully tonight I will be able to give them some riders.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:21 am

That's cool dude. I always like to see groups of coherent vehicles like that. They should look awesome when they're all painted up!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:20 am

Blue wrote:That's cool dude. I always like to see groups of coherent vehicles like that. They should look awesome when they're all painted up!
Thanks Blue! These models were the majority of why I picked Dark Eldar in the first place. Cant wait to start painting them, which, hopefully, will be after I get the rest of the army assembled... only 2 Raiders and 40 troops to go...

And here they are with Riders!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:33 am

Quick update:

No painting this weekend, but did get 2 raider's built... Wyches / Warriors are next!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 am

Well, its been a few days since I posted, but I have gotten some done during that time... Got my final order in for a while... a third Raider, Talos and Baal Pred. Was able to get the Raider built over the weekend and started priming what I have assembled... didn't get as far as I wanted to though, only got 1 Raider, 5 wyches and 2 jet bikes done.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:50 pm

well, it has been a while since I have posted... summer has been a pretty lazy time for painting and its only been in the past few days that I have gotten any real progress done.

I have posted some pics over on my Blog, http://sarkastik40k.blogspot.ca/but essentially I have just about finished the following:
Land Raider
Rhino
Baal Predator
Dreadnaught

i have primed base coated a 10 man assault squad and have done slight work on my Sanguinary Guard.

Anyways, that's it for the moment, I'm hoping to get back into semi-regular updates now that things are starting to settle down.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:57 am

Well, last night I got a little painting done, but not much. Finished up the axe on my Librarian, so all that is left to do on him is to base him.

As always, C&C is always welcome.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:37 am

Well, not much to update over the past few days, slight work done on my assault marines, had to do some repair work on account of a tangle with gravity, but nothing too serious.

Took a break last night from Flesh Tearers and continued assembling my remaining 15 Wyches and 20 Warriors which I may make some into Trueborn, but that's to be decided.

anyways, that's all for now.

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Devedor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Love your stuff so far!

What are your plans for the Jetbikes?

I think you should go with orange for your main color for a few, as it adds diversity, and with the vanity of the dark elves in space, making each bike look a little individual doesn't hurt!
Never knows best

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 30&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks!

I havent fully decided, but I am leaning towards an orange color on them, but not sure if I want it to be the primary color or not. We shall see once I start painting my DE again...
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 am

Well, its been a while since I posted something here... things had slowed down for me in the hobby area he past bit, but they have picked back up again as I have a buddy coming to visit in a few weeks for a weekend of 40k. I also realized, that as I am hosting, I probably should have some scenery to play on... thus started this project:

I apologize for the poor pic, but my camera seems to have grown legs and decided to migrate elsewhere... so im stuck with my phone... Basically this was an idea i came up with when i saw the bulk trees in the store, however, my buddy gave me the idea to use old CDs for the base. I still have some tidying up to do on it, but overall im pleased with the result.

and Finally, here is my Termy Librarian that I am working on. Just attached him to the base and am working at picking out the details.

Well thats it for now, let me know what you think! I hope to post more often, but we shall see!

Cheers!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 am

That is some awesome looking stuff man!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”