Charles' #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Charles' #thedailypaint

Postby Sarkastik » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:40 am

Well, this past week the weather has been so beautiful here in the Maritimes that I have been spending most of my evenings outside and have forgone the brush. Well, last night that ended as I couldn't bear the look of the half painted venom, primed Lelith and almost-complete DM marine looking at me, with sorrow. So, here are the results from last night, let me know what you think!

FT Assault Marine:

Venom - Blue or Orange just wasn't working out for me... so heres my Third attempt...

Lelith - slow... slow start...

Random skaven?

More pics are up on my blog, hoping to get some better ones of the Venom this weekend.
My Armies:
FTs - 2250 pts (75% Painted)
CSM - 1850pts - (45% Painted)
DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Well not too much to really comment on... Just a lot of base coats. :P
I do like the hazard stripes on the chainsword and the blue glow looks good but its a tad blurry.

Sarkastik wrote:hoping to get some better ones of the Venom this weekend.
Just loose the curtain in the background there and your camera will focus on the mini. Couldn't hurt to use a piece of white paper in the background too.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm digging the light Dark Eldar. It'll be a nice change from all the black everyone else has.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Why oh why does the Skaven make me think of Master Splinter?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Sarkastik » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Blue wrote:Well not too much to really comment on... Just a lot of base coats. :P
I do like the hazard stripes on the chainsword and the blue glow looks good but its a tad blurry.

Sarkastik wrote:hoping to get some better ones of the Venom this weekend.
Just loose the curtain in the background there and your camera will focus on the mini. Couldn't hurt to use a piece of white paper in the background too.

Yeah, most of my Painting lately has been basecoating.. hoping to make some more progress shortly. And yeah, I had been using my window ledge for a while, but I didn't realize how much the trim got int the way.. going to have to find another place to take pictures.. and thanks! it was my first attempt at hazard stripes!

Smartah wrote:I'm digging the light Dark Eldar. It'll be a nice change from all the black everyone else has.

Thanks! I wanted to try something different... we'll just have to see how it turns out!

Lady_Soria wrote:Why oh why does the Skaven make me think of Master Splinter?

Holy crap you are right! Why didn't I see that before?!!

Well, got some more work on Lelith and the venom tonight, hopefully will have some pics tomorrow.
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 am

Well, finally had a chance to do some painting, RL has been making it difficult to say the least...

Was able to get some progress done on Lelith and just have some detail work left to do.

A few more pics up on the blog, and also got some updates from a friend who has started both Orks and Daemons.

let me know what you think!

Cheers!
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:38 am

looks great so far...I hate to seem like I'm on a theme here, but the colours in the photo make me think of April o' Niel in the 80s cartoon.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14 pm

That's funny! I forget if it was Eastman or Laird, but one of them was actually dating and I believe briefly married to April O'Neil, hence her being in the comics and show.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:49 pm

April is a kick butt heroine. I love her and her snooping news reporter ways
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:32 am

Lady_Soria wrote:looks great so far...I hate to seem like I'm on a theme here, but the colours in the photo make me think of April o' Niel in the 80s cartoon.

Thanks! Haha, well, it wasn't intentional!

And now what has been seen cannot be unseen... haha

well, this weekend was mostly assembling, as I received a box of warriors and scourge. hopefully tonight I can get the second half of the warriors assembled and start priming.
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 am

Well, last night I managed to finish assembling the warriors, without weapons... I learned the hard way that its easier to add weapons later than to paint around them...

hopefully tonight I will be able to get them primed / base coated, along with my scourge.
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am

I love Scourge! Looking forward to seeing some painted pics!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:51 am

Like the entire DE range, the models are amazing. I wasn't too sure if I was going to include them or not, but was tempted too much at my local shop... oh well.. maybe I will have will power next time.. haha
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Well, its been a while since I have posted... Kinda got into a painting slump near the middle of the month with RL commitments and the Diablo 3 beta distracting me, but I did manage to get my deathmatch mini done and have been getting the starting layers done on the rest of the Warriors and Scourge.

Heres the deathmatch entry:

Also, over on my blog, I have started a point-based goal system with my friend Kroxx. It doesn't use the GW point value, but instead uses an arbitrary value depending on size of the model. For example, an infantry model is worth 1 point while a transport would be 10 points.

Anyways, I have set a goal of 15 points which would see the rest of my Warriors and scourge done by the end of May... should be interesting.
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Tue May 29, 2012 4:32 am

Quick update: I ended up taking a short hiatus from the hobby, mainly due to Diablo 3, but I have taken advantage of the sale before GW's price increase and have lots to keep me going:

I am hoping to update more than I have this past month, so we shall see.

Cheers!
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”