Charles' #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Charles' #thedailypaint

Postby Sarkastik » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Well, after our shopping trip, I ended up coming back with some Dark Eldar... bought Lelith and a Venom. Stupid addiction..

Didin't do any more work on my marine tonight, but I did assemble, and start to basecoat the venom.

As promised, here are pics from earlier and of the venom.

Venom

Marine

Sanguinary Guard
Last edited by Dez on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix tags
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 pm

nice lookin minis! :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm

The white on the Venom looks beautiful! DE are another of my armies, and I can't decide on a scheme...though I'm thinking of going mostly white.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Sarkastik » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks oceangrave!

Thanks dez! I had been on the fence about the dark eldar for a while now after realizing that I've had 3 marine armies and wanted something different but I couldn't bring myself to paint another dark scheme... So thus came the idea for a "light" dark eldar. I just hope I can pull it off decently :) not sure if what I'm going to do for a second color... Thinking either blue or orange, thoughts?

As for today, so far haven't gotten much painting done, actually none.. Stupid migraines. If I get any more done tonight ill post some pics tomorrow.
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:18 pm

I'd say Orange!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Orange! It's only the best color ever
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm

I'd say blue, but I am bias because, if you didn't notice from all my armies and stuff that I've worked on and started, I dislike warm colours and adore cool colours, mostly blue and green, not so much purple or bright greens
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:34 pm

I'd say Blue, only because the accent colour on my DE is orange and I want to see variety ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 am

Well, split down the middle... I think what I might try is doing both orange AND blue as an accent... not sure exactly how... but the only way to find out is to jump in and test it...

well, as for last night, I got really lazy and didn't get any painting done, so hopefully I will be able to get some done tonight, and will post pics :)
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:03 pm

I am falling back in love with Dark Eldar so I am super excited to see what you're going to do with them. I still say larger orange accents with smaller blue :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Haha, thats what I have been thinking... making orange the more dominant of the two colors... but I don't want to make it look too imbalanced... hmmm...
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 am

Well, didn't do any painting last night, at least on minis, ended up varnishing some trim for our house. Its a lot cheaper making it yourself, but its 10 times the work...

Hopefully I will get some more work done on my Deathmatch mini and Venom tonight, pics if I do, apologies if i don't :)
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 am

Painting your house counts! I mean, that's where you do your hobby painting... so let's just call it "hobby workstation improvements" ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Awesome! I never thought of it that way!

No pics for an update though, haha
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:57 am

Well, did some painting last night, a little detail work on my DM entry and did a lot on the Venom... only I did not like how it turned out... at all... so back to the drawing board... don't think orange is going to look like i want it to... so I am going to try blue and see how that turns out...

Probably won't get any painting done tonight, but hopefully will get some done tomorrow along with pics!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”