Charles' #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Charles' #thedailypaint

Post by Sarkastik » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 am

Well, after looking at all the models that I have unpainted, I figured that I would jump in on this too. Ive been in on this for the past week or so, and have been tweeting updates from @sarkastic87 and also been posting some pics on my blog (in sig below).

I'm going to try and update this thread daily, but pics may only come weekly..

And because I forgot to update yesterday:

Did some more work on my Deathmatch mini - Purity seals and most scrolls have been base-coated.
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Charles' #thedailypaint

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:21 am

Welcome aboard! Get some pics in this thread 8p

Your avatar looks like Ben Edlund art...very Tickesque.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 am

Welcome to the board matw, like Dez said, get us some pics!!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Welcome to #thedailypaint Charles! Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:15 am

Thanks guys!

Well, last night I managed to get some more work done on my Deathmatch entry, Mostly some metallic details and the Hazard stripes but due to some... issues... i had to go back and re-do some work, so I didn't get quite as much done as I had wanted.

And, as promised, here are some pics!

And here are the "Issues" I was referring to. She has a habit of plopping her head down on my knee, and kept doing so, and bumping my arm, at the worst possible time.

Anyways, that is all for now. I am hoping to get some significant painting done this weekend, so hopefully Ill have more pics to put up.

Later!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 am

Awwww! Puppy head bumps! Welcome aboard! You'll find it's kind of like a drug, once you start painting consistently, you want to paint more and more
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 am

Thanks! Yeah, I have noticed since moving that I am painting more than I used to, yet wanting to paint more! Next challenge... picking one project and sticking to it until its finished... gotta stop leapfrogging! haha
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:24 am

Looking good! The chevrons are pretty tight, but the yellow still seems a bit thin. You might want to start with a brown underneath, and then built it up to that bright yellow. I use Tausepte Ochre...on just about everything ;)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 am

Dez wrote:I use Tausepte Ochre...on just about everything ;)
Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre.

That's how it works, right?
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:01 am

Haha that's it Mike! I remember back in the old days, where I actually had to put on 10 layers of browns and yellows for my Bad Moonz...

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre.

That's how it works, right?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You wouldn't believe how much I laughed at that. These young bucks rolling around in here may not get that reference, but you made me laugh out loud.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 pm

It's Contra-versial ;) Though I always preferred Ikari Warriors...

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 pm

:: does the drum rim shot:: That was a bad pun Dez.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:01 pm

I think that code worked on rad racer too :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Post by Sarkastik » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 am

Hahaha exactly the cheat I used too... You have to shake the bottle exact...

So got an early start this morning before going shopping with the misses.. Got some detail work done on my deathmatch entry and some more armor work done on my sanguinary guard.

Pics coming...eventually...
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”