Charles' #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Re: Charles' #thedailypaint

Postby Sarkastik » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 am

Thank you! :)

I got some work done the past couple of days, did some work on some sanguinary guard count-as priests, terminator Chaplain, Sternguard, tac squad and bastion. Most of it was just a base coat, which I have started using Krylon spray to do, and normally it works wonders, but for some reason, the coverage from this can isn't that great.

Also, i thought I would try and re-paint the Tac squad which i got from a friend by just coating over top of it, but it didn't work out as planned, still going to go with it, but I probably should have just stripped them from the start.

Hope to have pics up soon.

Cheers!
My Armies:
FTs - 2250 pts (75% Painted)
CSM - 1850pts - (45% Painted)
DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Sarkastik » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am

Well, the weekend was a busy one, mostly because of RL, but last night I was able to get a bunch of work done.

Heres my finished chaplain, sorry for the dark pics, it was getting late and my phone doesn't take the best photos... He is done, except i need to drill a couple holes in the end of the storm bolter.

Heres my count-as sanguinary priest... just have some highlighting left to do.

And finally, i had some old beer caps laying around and i figured they would make good marker for "The Red Thirst". Didn't take very long, but I do need to work on my freehand abilities haha.

Anyways, let me know what you think!

Cheers!
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Excellent models and great idea for Red Thirst markers. They look awesome to.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks!

Heres some Sternguard that I was working on last night:

Still mostly basecoating details, but they are coming...

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member

Postby Sarkastik » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

I have been meaning to get better at these updates, but it just hasn't been happening as you can see... I have mostly been tweeting updates, so here is a recap of the past month or so.

I have taken a break from my Flesh Tearers, partly because I have gotten tired of painting red and wanted a change, but also because I have been bitten by the CSM bug... I have always been intrigued but the Thousand Son lore, but I have also had a fascination with Typhus, so I went ahead and bought a bunch of CSM stuff, so without further rambling, here they are:

CSM Sorcerer

CSM Lord

Plague Marines and Rhino

Heldrake!

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers!
My Armies:

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Shadow SpectreW
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Shadow SpectreW » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 am

Looking really cool!
Eldar
Win:7
Draw:1
Loss:1
"Pain is temporary... Honor is forever"

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”