Blue's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
blacktemplar
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Blue's #thedailypaint

Post by blacktemplar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 pm

In before it's toooooo late. So... Happy Birthday Mr. Blue.
#thedailypaint

Black Templars: 5000
W-T-L: 32-8-9
Lizardmen 3500
W-T-L: 11-0-3
Necrons: 3000
W-T-L: 10-3-6
"We play by Texas Warhammer 40K rules. The only rule is to know the rules."

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:45 am

Blackwraith wrote:Guessing the standard testers dullcoat spray cans are out for the varnish.
Probably dude. :) So far I've actually just added the powders after varnishing and left it. I'm sure they will rub off over time but oh well. It will give me something to do one day.
blacktemplar wrote:In before it's toooooo late. So... Happy Birthday Mr. Blue.
Thanks bud.

So last night I got closer to completely magnetizing my SkyRay. Only a few more mags to glue into place then a ton of gaps to greenstuff!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:04 am

One Tau Tank fully magnetized...

I got most of the small gaps stuffed just need to do the big ones on the hull...

A Luna
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by A Luna » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 am

That army shot looks awesome Blue. You make me jealous all the time
Smile!
Tomorrow's going to be worse

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 am

Hmmm Is the green paint for the weathering later on? Just curious. Also it looks great so far!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Blue

Post by Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:49 pm

A Luna wrote: You make me jealous all the time
What!? :lol: :roll:
Lady_Soria wrote:Hmmm Is the green paint for the weathering later on? Just curious. Also it looks great so far!
Thanks, There's a little bit of green stuff on there but maybe your monitor is off or something... You should see black with gray. This was the first tank I ever painted, well, the only tank... I recently stripped it and the primer wouldn't budge. I never cleaned this guy up as far as mold lines and gaps go. So I removed the mold lines while it was assembled here. Wasn't fun... :|

If you guys get a chance take a sec to show Group Build 34 some love. There were over 25 completed builds this month and we could use all the votes we can get. Thanks! :D

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Blarg. I thought it was REALLY dark green paint.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Blue

Post by Blue » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Today I completely primed my SkyRay! I missed one little area which will be easy to touch up once I get my airbrush out of the ultrasonic cleaner.
It took 84 drops of Vallejo Air Gray primer to fully coat the entire tank and all of the magnetized bits!

Also started work on the next xv-88.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Blue wrote:Today I completely primed my SkyRay! I missed one little area which will be easy to touch up once I get my airbrush out of the ultrasonic cleaner.
It took 84 drops of Vallejo Air Gray primer to fully coat the entire tank and all of the magnetized bits!

Also started work on the next xv-88.
can't wait to see it bud :)
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Blue

Post by Blue » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Me too! :mrgreen:

Blue

Post by Blue » Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 am

Got base coat number 1 down. Took another 80 drops of paint to base it. So all in all I'm looking at roughly 320 drops of paint to get the base camo pattern down. :| Don't let anyone ever tell you an airbrush saves paint! It doesn't...

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue May 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Oh dear, I hope that not the big reason why you bought it.

Blue

Post by Blue » Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 am

Lady_Soria wrote:Oh dear, I hope that not the big reason why you bought it.
Oh no, I knew it would eat paint like no other. I mainly got an airbrush for all weather priming and being able to base coat a mini very fast. I was losing interest in minis by the time I was done base coating them! The airbrush solved that problem.

And it begins...

Blue

Post by Blue » Fri May 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Wow, I didn't update since the 3rd! :lol:
Been working on the skyray but nothing really special to show yet. Just more of the same.
Doing this blue tack stuff might just drive me insane...

About to add the next color and then do it all over again!!! :|
Entered this thing into the deathmatch this month. Wish me luck I complete on time!

Also, good news on the house hunting! We found one! Were locked in and all... We make settlement 8/1! :mrgreen: Nice big 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 1680 sq ft. Gonna be a lot of work but mostly cosmetic.

Blue

Post by Blue » Tue May 29, 2012 12:06 pm

I return! Finally finished off the poster tack/ airbrush layers. Still a lot of work to do but this was the time sink overall. Please let me know what you think?
I'm really going to try to make update posts here more often. Just the last 20-some odd days has been nothing but poster tack madness!

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”