Blue's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Blue's #thedailypaint

Post by Farseer Oz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Awesome work....... Please provide us with a Tau army shot of what you have done so far. It would look awesome.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:29 am

Thanks guys, that house may not happen. They recieved two other offers over the weekend as well and were waiting to hear back from them. We threw in our last bid and crossed our fingers. Not like the house was perfect mind you. Days upon days of wall paper and enough wood paneling to make your joints ache just by being in the room. I should find out more today...
Farseer Oz wrote:Awesome work....... Please provide us with a Tau army shot of what you have done so far. It would look awesome.
Thanks dude!
I'm working on the last bit of fire warriors that will be in this scheme then I'll take a group shot for everyone. :)
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 am

House hunting is tough, I hope I never have to do it again unless I'm moving somewhere warm ;) Good luck to you anyway Blue, I'm sure you will find the right place if it doesn't come through. I'd hate to have to try and look for a place in Phile ;)

...are you a default 'It's Alway's Sunny in Philadelphia fan? I'm a die hard myself. I normally watch each episode on the night it premieres at least 3 times, while drinking box wine out of a soda can. I boggle my friends with stupid knowledge of the show, people mention a scene and I can usually name the episode and season. I might need an intervention ;)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah dude it seems it can be rough at times but really I know what I want and where I want to live. I've worked in almost every 'type' of home within 50 Miles of Philly and there is only a select few that aren't an old money pit or a new matchstick house. I figure the right house will happen when it happens. If I miss out here or there along the way I consider it 'meant to be'. I really haven't seen anything in my price range that made me go "OMGWTFIWANTTHATHOUSENOWWWWW!!1!!!! My girl on the other hand checks her email every 7 minutes during the negotiation process. Now THAT drives me nuts!
Dez wrote:are you a default 'It's Alway's Sunny in Philadelphia fan?
This may surprise you but I practically hate watching TV. :|
Don't get me wrong I love me some Stargate as well as any crappy sci-fi movie but for the whole I usually can't sit in front a tv for more than an hour before I get bored of it. I haven't been to a movie theater in over 5 years now. Why pay $9 to go take a nap in a dark air conditioned room with a bunch of strangers all sitting around? :P

I remember watching a few minutes of one of the first episodes (simply because of the name of the show) and I saw nothing that would impress me. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Wonder if it's on netflix...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm in the same boat, I mainly watch Always Sunny but I also am planted firmly in front of the TV at 9PM during Game of Thrones. Sometimes I'll watch stuff while I build or paint, which may be why I'm so slow...

Always Sunny is very special. I think it's on Netflix. You can watch them out of order, they are hilarious. There are some inside jokes you will miss, but without knowing you won't KNOW you missed them....you know?

Some of my favorite Episodes:

'The Gang Hit's The Road' This is the one that started it all for me!
'The Gang Gives Frank An Intervention'
'The Gang Reignites the Rivalry' Flip-Flip-Flipadelphia!
'Paddy's Pub: Home of the Original Kitten Mitten's'

Strangely enough, these are all Season 5 Episodes. START ANYWHERE!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Blue

Post by Blue » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:41 am

Spent the past weekend dog and house sitting for the girls rents. So happy to be home in my own bed!

Didn't get much done over the weekend. Some video editing but that's about it. Also managed some time last night to get the first layer on my fire warriors cloth.

Blue

Post by Blue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:14 am

Almost done pantsing my fire warriors. Really rushing these guys. Mistakes galore but I don't care! Feels good in a way to just let them go... :)
Last night made no progress as I put in an offer on another house. Tonight should have time to finish off the pants.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 am

Blue wrote:Almost done pantsing my fire warriors. Really rushing these guys. Mistakes galore but I don't care! Feels good in a way to just let them go... :)
I reallly need to adopt this sooner or later... I've been way too lazy and slow with my painting lately... and Eyebot designing has been a distraction :/

Best of luck with the potential house purchase :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:21 pm

good work on your Tau there buddy, definatly alot dirtier and worn than mine, havent been back to T'au for a clean up lately?
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Blue

Post by Blue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Blue wrote:Almost done pantsing my fire warriors. Really rushing these guys. Mistakes galore but I don't care! Feels good in a way to just let them go... :)
I reallly need to adopt this sooner or later... I've been way too lazy and slow with my painting lately... and Eyebot designing has been a distraction :/

Best of luck with the potential house purchase :)
dude, I have been in this hobby for over 2 years and still don't have a decent playable force. Haven't even played a game yet! I set my bar so high with so little experience (and time) there is no way I could continue to nitpick and have a playable force anytime soon. There's also a ton of minis out there I would love to get my hands on to paint(like the eyebot, it's still in it's blister) but just can't make a purchase with all these un-opened kits piled up here. My new goal is to pound through them to get my army up and running and then be happy painting when and what I feel like.

Thanks for the luck!
Flindo wrote:good work on your Tau there buddy, definatly alot dirtier and worn than mine,
Thanks dude.
Flindo wrote:havent been back to T'au for a clean up lately?
Huh!?

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Blue wrote:
Huh!?
armour Repairs, you must be deep in enemy lines.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:

Blue

Post by Blue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Flindo wrote:
Blue wrote:
Huh!?
armour Repairs, you must be deep in enemy lines.
:lol: Oh lol... went right over my head...

Flindo

Post by Flindo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm

what do you use those as? regular broadsides? I sort of have the same idea but I just use 1 regular railgun instead of that awesome conversion you did.
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:

Blue

Post by Blue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 pm

Yep. It's called a twin linked weapon in the book and I've always been a fan of customizing twin linked weapons to be exactly that. Two weapons in one...

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Blue wrote:Yep. It's called a twin linked weapon in the book and I've always been a fan of customizing twin linked weapons to be exactly that. Two weapons in one...
Like... Also i wish you luck with the house hunting aswell, dreading the day ill have to do it myself :oops: also im pretty sure the feeling of letting things go is a bad one in psychologists book's.....
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

8th Edition approaches.
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”