Wizard's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Wizard's #thedailypaint

Post by wizardv12222 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Well painted up the black on 6 gun drones, 2 smart missile "drones", and 2 burst cannon "drones"

Finished up the jump pack for my Sanguary priest. The priest was painted previously, so I had to break off his backpack, drill, pin and magnetize the backpack and jump pack. All in all I think the colors matched up ok.

Priest with backpack

and same with jumppack
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Well didn't paint anything yesterday (Sunday is a family day) But tonight, I touched up the blue and black on all the vehicles.

Tomorrow should be able to start in on the detail work.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Your marine is looking very good. I like the silver on him. I'd like to see him in an uncluttered background and gloss and a highlight on the eye lenses :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks Smartah, I'm planning on making a decent "display" to put my mini's on for their pictures. Like many other things it is on my list but not done ;)

My friend came over today and we got to play a game of 40k in, so I tried out my Tau (I have named them Blue Thunder, at least for now :D )

Tau vs Eldar and I pulled a lucky win!!

To make him feel better I offered to paint up his Banshee squad up for him. So for my painting today, I touched up the base coat on 6 Howling Banshees.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

khani
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by khani » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:35 am

I like the silver red scheme
..... :mrgreen:
Khani is more OT family then Shas! There I said it! -IGfanatic

Khani I have to admit, you're awesome -wulfrun

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only.... Khani? -the airman

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Ooo painting banshees is SO much fun. I really enjoyed them when I had the eldar commission
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 pm

@khani Thanks! that was one of those paint jobs that I was trying something new and it tuned out well.

@Smartah I was hoping them girls would be fun to paint. By friend hates painting and I got tired of seeing them base white figures on my table so I offered to paint them up, and gives me a chance to try out a different paint technique then I would use on my models.

Well today, I painted a purple wash on the banshee's armor to get them started. I also painted the cloth parts of the Tau pilots/gunners.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Wasn't quite happy with the first coat on the banshee's armor, so added a 2nd wash to it. Also, worked on the tau pilots and gunners again tonight.

Kind of a short night tonight and didn't have much time to paint.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Didn't do any painting Friday and only a little painting today. My 10 year old decided to "act out" and get in trouble in school Friday and got in trouble at a friends house today.

Just wasn't calm enough to paint.

But here is a pic of the progress I've made on the Banshees... I know not the greatest pic, but you can see the general idea of the paint scheme.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:28 pm

They look great, I really like the purple.

...I'm not looking forward to when my kids start acting out...
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:47 pm

w00t for single college men :D, even though I wanna have kids in the future :/
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks Dez! I like the purple also, going to do the masks in white, I really think it will look good.

What color do you guys think I should do the gem stones?
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 am

Yellow would really pop.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:15 am

Dez wrote:Yellow would really pop.
Seconded!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by wizardv12222 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Well my friend and I made a trip to the store to get terrain making supplies. Mind you the store for these supplies is 1.5 hours away one way. So didn't get much (read "any") painting done today.

Since you guys want yellow... yellow it shall be. The Daily Paint has spoken.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves