Wizard's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Wizard's #thedailypaint

Postby wizardv12222 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks Smartah!

Well last week was a pretty busy week for me, hopefully this week goes by better. Today I finally got my hands on the game board for painting and got the base coat on it.

I also pinned Lemartes, and cleaned him up a bit to get ready for paint.

I have an Apocalypse game planned for Friday, so this week I'm going to mostly concentrate on getting everything I need assembled for that game. After that, I'm hoping to get some Tau firewarriors painted.

So should be a busy "gaming" week;)
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 am

Last night I assembled a Mega Dread. Didn't have any instructions on it so it was like putting a puzzle together ;)
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:18 am

Oooh Mega Dread...I need to get one of those!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Decided to do an update today so you guys know I'm still painting ;)

Got the first color slapped down on that plaster tile. Decided on a grey for the walls.

Also assembled a Techmarine and primed him for this months deathmatch. Decided to do a before picture.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Lightened up the grey a bit on the walls. Not sure if I'm completely sold on the grey.

Let me know what you guys think.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:29 pm

It does seem a bit monotone.. I mean the way you've painted is fine.. but maybe a bit more colour... like metallics on the pipes.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Yea, I know it needs more color. I had just done the grey on the walls. Here is a pic after today's progress.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 pm

:oops: I should have realized you were planing to do that. Sorry.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:47 am

Looks good dude. But maybe you can add some color to the walls too. Before you drybrush your grays on hit it with a green, blue, or brown wash. Or all three, it will help add some depth. You don't want the color to be too noticeable but just an undertone.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

been a busy week, started to teach my wife warhammer 40k. So far so good, she's thinking of getting a Space Wolves army.

Since I got that monthly side match I figured I better start painting, so my goal for this upcoming week is to get it finished up.

Started tonight with getting the armor on the figure painted.

Wile I was painting the gun, I noticed a bit of flash left on the scope, so I grabed a file to eliminate the bugger and the arm fell off... so I guess I'll paint it separate and reattach after the figure is done.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:33 pm

well the main body of the tech marine is coming along, fairly nicely. Got most of the main colors done tonight and gave them a wash and took a quick pic while they were drying.

I really feel that I need a new camera, this little Kodak I got washes out the colors IMO.

Oh well, gotta work with what you got.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:58 am

Tech marine is coming along good dude.

I don't think you need a new camera just more lights and maybe a solid white background. Your camera picks up details very well from those last few pics.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:12 am

Hey guys, wanted to give you all an update. I have been painting every day this week and over the weekend, just haven't posted anything, mainly been lurking around on the forums.

Finished up my Techmarine. Here is a quick picture I took with my phone. I'll take better pictures tonight and get them put up on the site.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:51 pm

Here are some better pics of my techmarine, also posted for the april DM. Let me know what you guys think.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Blue

Postby Blue » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Not too shabby dude. :)
Nice work on the skin tone, his face looks great. Also like the shading on the shoulder pads where the red hits the metal. Would have been nice to see more shading on the axe head. It seems very vibrant.
The red on his back seems a bit splotchy or streaky. Bad wash maybe?

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”