Wizard's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Wizard's #thedailypaint

Postby wizardv12222 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Well as I looked around at all my unpainted/half painted mini's I thought to myself...

"Self, you need to get into gear!"

So my goal is to have every miniature in my arsenal painted by the end of the year. So to give myself a kick, I decided I should join in and do the daily painting log that Mike started.

So here is my day 1 picture.

Did a layer up on my Tau vehicles.
Last edited by wizardv12222 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Wizard's #dailyplanet

Postby Smartah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

YAY! Welcome to the obsession called #thedailypaint! also TAU! I LOVE TAU!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Welcome to the Cult mate, you are now one of us!!! ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Clark this is Perry, fix your title it's no good. I'll send Jimmy down to take some pictures of your models for you. Have you seen Lois?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Welcome to it! Glad to see someone else painting Tau... I'm going to focus on them in May I think :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Well Day #2 is here. Today I did the next (maybe last) blue highlight on the vehicles. I also primed the pilots and a jetpack for my Sang. Priest.

All this while I was reformatting a computer for a friend, so I figure I've earned some Skyrim time before bed.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Wizard's #thedailypaint

Postby wizardv12222 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Day 3, Painted black parts on one Piranha and a railhead.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Keep it up :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 pm

You are making some really good progress there!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

DopShard
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby DopShard » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Very clean work so far man
Armies: Orks, DEldar, DElves, WOC.

METAL FOR LIFE

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:52 pm

It's been one of those days, but I still made myself sit down and paint. Painted black on the other rail gun, the ion gun and silvered and washed a jump pack.

3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:20 am

Nice to see some Tau rolling off the block! Looking good so far man and welcome to #thedailypaint!
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:13 am

What colors are you using for your troops and such? Do you have kroot? I love kroot
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 am

One squad of FW is grey, the 2nd squad is going to be blue. Once I painted my first devilfish blue, I just liked the color so now I'm sticking with shades of blue for the army.

Yes I have a squad of Kroot, they are green ;)
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Postby wizardv12222 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 am

Keeping on with the black on my guys, I painted the 2nd railhead and the 2nd piranha. Also did a highlight on a jump pack, should be ready to magnetize tomorrow
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”