It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben's #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Blue wrote:
Coming along great bud. I like where the armor is going...

Thanks Blue!! I appreciate you following along!

Well tonight I think I managed to finish of the horse part of the model. Bear in mind while looking at the pics that absolutely nothing has been done to the rider. I also must mention that I take no credit for the base. The client painted it up and sent it along with the model, so all credit for that goes to him. Barring a few touch ups after I get the rider done, I am calling both the base and the horse done. Comments and suggestions most welcome as this baby is still a work in progress:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Good job on laddermore's horse mate, can't wait to see her all done up ;D

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I like it but it seems a tad monotoned. Maybe it's the gray and brown...
How about brightening up the mane a bit. Might give it a little pop.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Oceangrave0 wrote:
Good job on laddermore's horse mate, can't wait to see her all done up ;D

Blue wrote:
I like it but it seems a tad monotoned. Maybe it's the gray and brown...
How about brightening up the mane a bit. Might give it a little pop.

Thanks for the comments guys. Blue I am hoping that once I get Laddermore complete, since she has some blues on her shoulder pads and a light grey cape, that the monotone issues will sort themselves out. It is already better with the rider's armor completed as it is a slightly different shade of tan.

Unfinished Project King

I know that I have been a bit silent recently on my project logs, but I wanted to say that I got a bunch of work done on Laddermore this evening and I feel that completion is just on the horizon. I got to work on Laddermore herself and got all of the tan/brown armor done and got a start on the metallic details and such. I don't have pictures unfortunately as I lost track of time this evening and the lateness factor caught me by surprise. I have to get up earlier than usual tomorrow for a training school so I need to shuffle of to sleepy land.

I do want to say that before I go that my commissioner just added a ton of new pieces to the list of things he wants me to paint, so I will be very busy for almost the rest of the calendar year, though hopefully I hope to finish all the stuff before then.

Anyhow I will get some pictures posted up tomorrow night before I get started.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:49 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Really got a lot done on Laddermore tonight. I am hoping that she will be done tomorrow. At this point I think that all I need to be getting on with is Laddermore's cloak and the detailing on the lance. please let me know what you think. But before I get to the photos of my work, I wanted to share the on foot model done by the commissioner. My task was to match the walking model in my work on the mounted version.

Now onto mine. Please give your opinions on how well or not well I managed to match the mounted version to the walking version.

The last photo I think really shows the slight difference between the shade of Laddermore's armor and the horse's barding. Anyhow, I digress.

I am really getting excited to get this piece done so I can move onto the Strider. I also have new pieces from this particular commissioner showing up almost daily, so lots of fun stuff coming up in the future.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:43 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
They practically look identical bro. Nice work.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Blue wrote:
They practically look identical bro. Nice work.

Thanks man! I also really appreciate you following along. My project logs in various places aren't getting a lot of traffic recently it seems, so it is nice to hear some feedback.

I finally finished it!!!! It has been far too long in coming but I finally finished Laddermore this evening. I am really pleased with how it turned out in the end and I am hoping that the client is as well!

The Gordon is sending me a bunch more pieces, all warmachine or Hordes, and mostly from the Cygnar and Circle Orboros lines. One of those pieces is going to be the awesome Cygnar Stormwall Colossal that will be released in July I believe. I am pretty stoked that I will have been able to paint both the Storm strider and the Stormwall as part of this commission, because those large models are just a lot of fun.

Only a few of the new pieces have come in, so I will keep you all updated on all of that. I will be starting in on the Storm Strider sometime next week, so stay tuned for updates on that.

Well now that Laddermore is done I am going to take the next couple of nights and get some work done on my Dwarfs and maybe finish up that Hands of Dorn Dread that I started what seems like an age ago. I am also getting the urge to get some work done on my Tyranid army so I can justify getting one of those new Tervigon kits.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:22 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
great painjob dude, army is really shaping up nicely.

Gatormen 170 points
Dwarves 261 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm 

Midge913 wrote:
I also really appreciate you following along.

Happy to man, I like your painting style. :wink:

Epic basing work dude. The gray cape and mane add to the overall feel of the mini. Sort of gives it a mysterious touch.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:00 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Respect bro, respect. All your Cygnar stuff is making me want to just do what everyone expects me to do and get all 6 armies in WM

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Blue wrote:
Midge913 wrote:
I also really appreciate you following along.

Happy to man, I like your painting style. :wink:

Epic basing work dude. The gray cape and mane add to the overall feel of the mini. Sort of gives it a mysterious touch.

Thanks dude. I can't really take credit for the basing work on this one. It is a fabricated base insert that was sent to me painted by the Gordon. I only did a little touch up. The base does fit the model very well though, I agree.

Oceangrave0 wrote:
Respect bro, respect. All your Cygnar stuff is making me want to just do what everyone expects me to do and get all 6 armies in WM

Thanks for the comments man!

Well it has been some time once again since I have strolled the halls of Karak Izrin, but it is once again time to take a stroll down into the realms of the Dwarves. I am taking just a bit of time away from my commission work to paint this guy up a Master Engineer with Great Weapon.

I also took a moment to snap a full army shot for those who had been asking for it. Don't know if it came out all that well, but you can see everything that I have finished for the army to this point.

I will keep you all updated on progress on the Engineer as I have it.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:59 pm 
Silver Vault Member

That case look eerily similar to mine :)

Nice looking Army though. The Wife wants me to get some dwarves and paint them up for her at some point. :)

Fantasy
High Elves - 15 model completed
Skaven - 1 models completed

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:46 am 

:: squeals in delight:: So much pretty stuff and STUNTIES!

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:02 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Thanks for the compliments folks!

I got a bunch more work done on the Master Engineer tonight. I still have a long way to go on him but I am only giving myself two more sessions to finish him. I really need to get back to the commission work. I have a lot to do and I don't want to disappoint my client. So here he is, WIP:

Comments and critiques are most welcome.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:53 pm 

Yep, that is definitely a dwarf, good looking model buddy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next