It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben's #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
everything look good on the jack to me, i can't really critique the brown armor i've never painted much brown except the holster for guns and that's leather and it never turns out quite as well as i'd like. the goold looks really good too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:45 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
It looks good so far, but it does look like leather ;) Try putting some battle damage on it, some metals, so that we can tell it is a warjack. Thing looks beast so far!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
I got quite a bit of work done on this guy this evening. He is still pretty rough but I think that things are coming along nicely.

The Stone:

ImageImage

and the Lord:

Continuing on with more work on him tomorrow night. Comments and suggestions most welcome as always.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:25 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Looking good so far! Will he have a white beard?

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:00 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Dez wrote:
Looking good so far! Will he have a white beard?

He is actually going to have a blondish beard very similar to this guy, who is a champion for one of my Warrior regiments:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 am 

Ah ha, I see it now. I like the ruddy skin!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

How did you get that skin colour? Just GW dwarf skin or something else?

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Lady_Soria wrote:
How did you get that skin colour? Just GW dwarf skin or something else?

1) start with a base coat of Tanned flesh
2) add mid-tone highlight of Dwarf Flesh
3) Light wash of Ogryn flesh
4) add Dwarf Flesh back on leaving some of the washed areas and tanned flesh areas visible.
5) Sparing highlights of Elf flesh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I have been so exhausted the last two nights, a trip to the gym yesterday and defensive tactics training at work today, that I haven't gotten anything done. I am the poster boy for insomniacs but I have passed out around 8 both nights.

I plan on putting the Dwarf Lord aside tomorrow as I have the day off work and I am going to try to get a bunch of work done on my Headliner entry. We will see how that works out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:24 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Well today in my extended painting session I got almost the entirety of the main body of my Headliner entry done. Most pleased with the amount of progress I made and I am hoping that one or two more normal sessions will see him finished.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:33 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
You're way ahead of my on the Headliner, I'm trying to get these Death Company done before I pick it up. We've still got 10 days to go though, and I've taken Monday off work.... I think I'll be ok ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I hear ya! I think that I have plenty of time to get mine done. I still need to get that Dwarf Lord done by the end of the month as well, so I can't dally on Baldur.

That being said I decided not to do any painting tonight. I just wasn't feeling it. So instead I watched a bunch of random stuff on Netflix and drank a couple of fine ales to celebrate National Drunken Irish Day:P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 pm 

Good man! I spent the day sampling ales and spending time with family. Time to build more Stormvermin now that everyone is asleep ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:48 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Dez wrote:
Good man! I spent the day sampling ales and spending time with family. Time to build more Stormvermin now that everyone is asleep ;)

I may get the Cryx models Smartah was so nice to donate to the Army ADD cause as I watch movies. But I am not convinced that will happen as I need to get up off my inebriated butt to find them :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:01 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Well tonight I finished the main body of Baldur this evening!!! I am really pleased with the results and I think that it can only get better with the arms attached. I am gunning for you Mike :twisted:

Joking aside I should be getting a good start on the arms tomorrow. I need to get this guy knocked out as I still need to get that Dwarf Lord finished before the end of the month.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next