It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben's #thedailypaint
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Thanks for all the kind words all, I really appreciate the support. I don't have anything to share other than an item that just made it onto my wish list. This guy is coming out from FW here in the near future and can be included in a daemon army(of which I have one in the works)!!!!!

mmmmmmmmm...... Decimator Daemon Engine. Probably going to have a Mark of Nurgle with lots of dakka.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I feel both the need to purchase and paint one of those... and to sculpt something remarkably similar ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:00 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I second that Mike... despite the fact that I don't have anything chaos related, I am strangely drawn to the sheer awesomeness of that model...

DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Dez showed him to me this morning. Yes. He is super cool. I also told Dez that he needs at least one... He would also look good in my newly forming CSM army

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:08 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
SURPRISE! I want one. I've handed GW over the deed to my house so I should be good for this year on getting new stuff.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

O_O Good lord that looks like Spawn in Dreadnought form.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:00 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
a chaos contemptor-like dread..... MINE!!!!!! >:D

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
So nerdgasms over Daemonic Engines aside. Here are the pre-session photos that I promised:

Lots of details to sort out still tonight, as well as the base, so hopefully and evening's progress will see him finished!

Comments and critiques most welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:10 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Looks great. and that Daemon engine has tempted me as well, thing looks amazing. can't wait to see it painted up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

dustinp wrote:
Looks great. and that Daemon engine has tempted me as well, thing looks amazing. can't wait to see it painted up.

Thanks!

Don't own a Demon Engine yet, but it is definitely on the list of must haves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I feel compelled to make a diorama of a Daemon Engine fighting a Contemptor Dread...

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
I feel compelled to make a diorama of a Daemon Engine fighting a Contemptor Dread...

Great minds mate..... Great minds

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
can I have a nerdgasm over Rocinate? :D

and yah, I'd love to see that diorama :D

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Oceangrave0 wrote:
can I have a nerdgasm over Rocinate? :D

If you are so inclined:P I don't think that he is particularly nerdgasm inducing, but I do think that he turned out alright.

Well I had the model completely done, save the base about an hour ago, but for some reason when I wen't to wash my basing sand all of the basing material pulled away from the base, almost sending Rocinate tumbling to the floor. Anywho, I spent the better part of the last hour and a half waiting for glue to dry, wash to dry, and then glue to dry again. I am pleased to report that he is done!!!! I am bushed and the camera battery is charging, so pics will be up when I get home from work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

As promised completed photos of Rocinate!

I am going to take a night tonight and get some personal painting done. The Army Painting Challenge over on Heresy has started up in full swing and for this year I will be continuing on with my Stunties. For March I will be doing a Dwarf Lord on an Oath Stone. I doubt this guy will ever see the field as the rules for the Oath Stone are just bad, but I love the model. I will be working on him tonight so I will post progress when I have it.

Critiques on Rocinate are most welcome as this is my first attempt at Brown armor. Would love to hear what you all think!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next