Ben's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Ben's #thedailypaint

Post by Midge913 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Blue wrote:
Midge913 wrote: I really feel like things are really starting to come together with this piece.
Literally! :lol:
What silver metallic did you use here?
I started with a base coat of Citadel's Leadbelcher base paint. I then gave it a liberal wash with Badab Black. I then worked Leadbelcher back on, leaving the lowest points in shadow. I capped it off with a highlight of Citadel Chainmail.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 pm

More progress!

Lots of work to do still, but things are definitely progressing!
www.midge913.com

Flindo
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 am

cool, are you picking up the colossal as well?
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:51 am

Flindo wrote:cool, are you picking up the colossal as well?
Yes, the Stormwall is part of this commission. I won't be starting it for a couple of weeks yet as I really want to get some of the units done.

I really haven't shared much over the last week, but I have been busy working on this beast and I am proud to say that the Stider itself is complete!!! I still have a bit of work to do on the Storm Smith Operators, but I am just not going to get that done tonight. I did however want to share photos of the completed beast. I really think that he was good practice for the Stormwall I will be undertaking in a couple of weeks. Anyhow, onto pics!

and some closeups of how it sits on the base:

Comments and critiques most welcome!
www.midge913.com

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

That, my stumpy loving comrade, is awesome.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Flindo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 pm

wait, Commission? so does this mean we don't have another warmahordes player in our midst?
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Flindo wrote:wait, Commission? so does this mean we don't have another warmahordes player in our midst?
Not as of right now, but once I finish this commission, I plan on starting a Trollbloods force.
www.midge913.com

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Midge913 wrote:
Flindo wrote:wait, Commission? so does this mean we don't have another warmahordes player in our midst?
Not as of right now, but once I finish this commission, I plan on starting a Trollbloods force.

You have a thing for Scottish themed forces, don't you?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:
Midge913 wrote:

You have a thing for Scottish themed forces, don't you?
Actually my two favorite forces in the Warmahordes world for the longest time were Cygnar and Circle Orboros. Since a this commission which has in all honest spanned almost a year and a half worth of work, is almost entirely Cygnar and Circle, and since my interest in GW is waning on the whole, I went looking around into the other factions again. The Trollblood Gargantuan the Mountain King just jumped off the page at me and I fell in love with the whole feel and character of the army.
www.midge913.com

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:28 am

I got a bit more work on on the Storm Smiths tonight, I am almost done and I think one more session will finish them off.

More when I have it.
www.midge913.com

Farseer Oz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 am

Awesome work mate. Glad you did a bit of OSL on the engine ports.

I dont know much about warmachine, but that War of the Worlds looking thing, is it a bit too clean? The base looks dirty and warzone like and then you have the very polished and clean machine (whatever it is).

Dont know if some weathering or dirt/dust/battle damage is needed to make it blend into the style of the base a bit better.

I've been critiqued in doing the same thing so it could just be that I'm just always looking for that now in my own models and others.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

Flindo

Post by Flindo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 pm

good choice man, us Trolls are tough guys and alot of fun to play and paint!
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Farseer Oz wrote:Awesome work mate. Glad you did a bit of OSL on the engine ports.

I dont know much about warmachine, but that War of the Worlds looking thing, is it a bit too clean? The base looks dirty and warzone like and then you have the very polished and clean machine (whatever it is).

Dont know if some weathering or dirt/dust/battle damage is needed to make it blend into the style of the base a bit better.

I've been critiqued in doing the same thing so it could just be that I'm just always looking for that now in my own models and others.
In all honesty I have gone back and forth about whether or not to add weathering to the bottom of the feet. In the end I am waiting on a final answer about it from the Gordon. I decided that I loved the contrast juxtaposition between the clean and crisp Cygnar piece, and the dirty beaten down Khador guys in the trench. If the client desires something different, well then that will change.
Flindo wrote:good choice man, us Trolls are tough guys and alot of fun to play and paint!
Indeed that was my opinion as well. As I have said, I know nothing at about the game play, but I love the look and feel of the Trolls.
www.midge913.com

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Well tonight I finished up the strider!!!! I really have nothing much more to say on the matter, other than this was a really fun and challenging piece. Onto pics!

Comments and critiques welcome!
www.midge913.com

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by wizardv12222 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Looks good man!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”