Ben's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Ben's #thedailypaint

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 am

Oh he's pruddy... In a manly way, of course.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

tack4
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by tack4 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Midge913 wrote: Image

WOW!

that has to be one of the coolest finished models i have seen!

awesome job 8) 8) 8)

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 pm

tack4 wrote:
WOW!

that has to be one of the coolest finished models i have seen!

awesome job 8) 8) 8)
Lady_Soria wrote:Oh he's pruddy... In a manly way, of course.
Thank you both for the kind words!

Well after a substantial downtime due to the holidays I am back in the saddle behind the painting desk. I found out today, that my work schedule is going to be changing to the permanent assignment that I have been waiting for, so things should be settling down in that department too. I got back at it yesterday and today doing some work on the Gunmage Captain Adept. There is still much to do, but I think he is coming along.

Comments and critiques as always are very welcome.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Hmm I love the stone circle guy, but I'm not quite sold on the cape of the latest guy. Your blues are usually so much better than that. Or is he still a wip?
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 am

Smartah wrote:Hmm I love the stone circle guy, but I'm not quite sold on the cape of the latest guy. Your blues are usually so much better than that. Or is he still a wip?
Indeed he was still a WIP at that stage. Thanks for your comments girl!

Well after some time away from the paint brush I finally got down to business and finished up the Gun Mage Captain Adept. My position at work has changed considerable in the last two weeks, first and foremost I have a different schedule. Secondly it entails quite a bit more responsibility and time. To that end I have had little time in the last couple of weeks to work on much of anything. Thankfully, I seem to have finally adjusted my time to allow me more time to work on the hobby stuff that I so enjoy.

Without further ado, here is the finished Gunmage Captain:

I am always down on the fact that I have such a hard time completing entire units. Fortunately for me I get a boost when I finally finish one and it looks like I wanted it to when I started. Here is the whole group of Gunmages that I was commissioned to work on:

Up next in the que is Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch. Both pieces have a lot of potential and I am really looking forward to getting a move on them.

As always comments and critiques are most welcome.
www.midge913.com

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Well I am back at it again! Sorting out a good hobby schedule around my new work schedule has been challenging to say the least, but over the last several days, mostly today, I was able to sit back down to the painting desk and really get a nice chunk of work done on Nemo & Finch. I will start with the photos and talk a little about them after:

Nemo

Finch

Even though I have complained in the past about the overwhelming amount of blue that I have had to paint during the course of this commission, when I get a hold of models like these I really do enjoy painting them. The Cygnar scheme really is a joy to paint and I think that after all this time I am really getting the hang of painting it.

There is still quite a bit to do on both of them, Finch more so than Nemo, but I think that they are progressing along nicely. I really wanted to spend a lot of time on the white cloth aspects of both of them. I wanted to make sure that the white came out with a nice amount of depth. I think that it came out really nicely. I may go back and clean up a few of the blends, little things that I noticed in the photos, but for the most part I think the white is done.

I am hoping that I am going to get another couple of sessions in over the weekend as I would really like to get this big batch of stuff sent out to the client by the end of next week.

Comments and critiques are most welcome as always.
www.midge913.com

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Well after a 14 hour marathon painting session today I finished off Nemo. I am really happy with how he came out in the end and I am once more finding that I absolutely adore the Warmachine sculpts. Anywho, not much else to say other than I am hoping to jump in on Finch tomorrow. Onto the pics:

Comments and critiques are most appreciated.
www.midge913.com

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:34 pm

O_O Oh wow that is awesome.. its making me reconsider my decision to make Khador my Warmachine faction...
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 am

wish i could do faces like that.

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:O_O Oh wow that is awesome.. its making me reconsider my decision to make Khador my Warmachine faction...
Thank you very much Soria, I am glad you liked him. I have really come to fall in love with the Privateer Press models, so much so that I am thinking about selling off some of my GW stuff so that I can get involved in that system from a personal hobby stand point a bit more once I am done with the commission stuff.
Nappen wrote:wish i could do faces like that.
Practice and patience makes perfect mate. Faces and eyes are really one of the hardest things to do. I spent almost 2 hours on his face alone tweaking washes, blending highlights, and the like. They really are a matter of endurance if you ask me.

Anyhow, I have been working on getting Caitlin Finch done and I am pleased to say that I have made some excellent progress from the last pic of her. Still quite a bit to do on the upper body, including of course, her arms and staff, but I think all in all she is coming along nicely:

Comments and critiques welcome.
www.midge913.com

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Midge913 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Well I did it, I finally finished off a block of models for this commission that seems to just keep on going, not that I have any complaints. I finished off Caitlin Finch this afternoon:

I wanted to get a shot of her with Nemo as well:

I think that they look great as a pair!

Finally I thought it would be good to get a nice shot of all the Cygnar stuff that I have been working on the last couple of months before I send this stuff off to the client.

Next up on the list are a couple of pairs of Kayazy Eliminators. Look for progress shots of them to crop up soon.

As always comments and critiques are most welcome.
www.midge913.com

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”