fluffyfen #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

fluffyfen #thedailypaint

Post by fluffyfen » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:54 am

alright i figured ill go along with this since ive seen several notables ill keep this updated daily if possible and it starts on sunday so any day i miss after it 1 mini to make up.
but since i did some progress today i base coated 2 of my chosen and washed one of my plague marines
Last edited by fluffyfen on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: fluffyfen #thedailypaint

Post by Smartah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:49 am

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see what you get done :D
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 am

thanks ^^ i woke up at an ungodly hour today and decided to try making a rusty beat up weapon and icon ill have pics up later today

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 am

i promised pics and here they are : D

so what so you guys think?

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:21 pm

the rust looks awesome!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Smartah wrote:the rust looks awesome!
thanks ^^
well today i made a cloak and painted it for one of my chosen and got a group of plague marines primed ~sigh~ i wish i knew where my greenstuff was

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 pm

under your desk? :mrgreen: like the colour scheme btw. Also maybe ill get painted next! :mrgreen: btw did you get the finecast plague marines? if so are they any good, considering buying but don't wanna get if they suck.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

8th Edition approaches.
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:41 pm

darkned1ight wrote:under your desk? :mrgreen: like the colour scheme btw. Also maybe ill get painted next! :mrgreen: btw did you get the finecast plague marines? if so are they any good, considering buying but don't wanna get if they suck.
nope only finecaste ive bought was abbadon and besides his sword being ever so slightly warped he's fine. oddly i haven't bought any cult units ( my 8 zerkers came in the battleforce)

now i needa hunt down some AA batteries for my camera -.- i painted up a second sorcerer and i tried...i guess it would be highlighting/blending

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 pm

well here it is :D

(its just the robes)

Commodore Awesome
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Commodore Awesome » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm

the cloak is awesome
and your rust effects are incredible
Skies the limit? You havn't met me then.

"Commodore you are a hero to the world" ~ IGfanatic
"You are now extremely awesome" ~ Tmb
"You, sir, indeed are awesome" ~ teclis

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Commodore Awesome wrote:the cloak is awesome
and your rust effects are incredible
thanks ^^
so far today all ive gotten done was basecoating one CSM today i didnt get outa school till 5 my mom picked me up 7-ish and now i gotta go do alot of house work..yay me -.-

BSPdeadpool
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by BSPdeadpool » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:42 am

Lol yup.

Love the....whatever it is on the cloak! Looks really cool! Also love the icon a lot. Can't i like the rust or not as i don't have my glasses right now and can't really see the rust, but it sounds like it's epic XD

Oh and kudos for starting one of these! I'm not dilusional or an optimist and i know if i started this by the end of the year i'd owe like 260 entries x.x

-BB
そ:IT'S GOOD TO BE BAD!! :twisted:
->My WIP Thread<-
"Your silence offends Slaanesh!!"

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:51 am

BSPdeadpool wrote:Lol yup.

Love the....whatever it is on the cloak! Looks really cool! Also love the icon a lot. Can't i like the rust or not as i don't have my glasses right now and can't really see the rust, but it sounds like it's epic XD

Oh and kudos for starting one of these! I'm not dilusional or an optimist and i know if i started this by the end of the year i'd owe like 260 entries x.x

-BB
lmao i dont really know exactly what tis called i did on the cloak either :wink:
and you dont need to be a dillusional optomist just make a little progress here and there adn your safe :P

BSPdeadpool
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by BSPdeadpool » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

seeing it with my glasses, the rust is terrific. i'd have put more brown in but that'd be old rust...
and the cloak pattern/technique would look amazing if you used it to like paint ice or something :shock:

-BB
そ:IT'S GOOD TO BE BAD!! :twisted:
->My WIP Thread<-
"Your silence offends Slaanesh!!"

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 am

Fluffy that rust is AWESOME! ! Share your technique, please. I think something simple you can do to make your pinks and purples pop is use a purple wash, I think it's going to make your models look a lot more dynamic.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”