fluffyfen #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: fluffyfen #thedailypaint

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:23 pm

finally got some new pics

very basic base coats far from finished 8D
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:13 am

Crazy Glare! :shock:
But I like the purple skin. What's your plan for it?
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am

Barney on a bad day! Sorry I couldn't resist. Looking amazing as always though.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

yeah i found out the camera lense was dirty and the sun was just in a bad angle.
the purple skin its hard to see but the raised portions have a lighter tone...im guna see if i can do more too it though i dont know what.

the plates i plan on dry brushing with progressively lighter shades of blue, maybe do highlights around the edges.
Lady_Soria wrote:Barney on a bad day! Sorry I couldn't resist. Looking amazing as always though.
i laughed and laughed at this one XD

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

well you guys idk if you remember this guy but i decided to base him :D

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:54 pm

heres what i wana work on now...lets see if i can finish something for once except for that one obliterator 8D

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 pm

well im liking this guy so far.
thoughts? im not done theres still more i want to do with him

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 pm

liking the guy with the hammer bro! I gotta make a captain like that myself, i might make the cloak and all that with GS too :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:55 am

Great movement to that cape fluff. Really well done.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:01 am

thanks guys :D

so...ive seen alot of those paint schemes where they have a tau stealth suit either going into or out of camo...so i decided to try it with my chosen chaos marine :D

i think i did the browns alright but the transition effect is a bit meh

pics dont do it justice :c

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:07 am

It seems to look like he has just walked out of a bog and is covered in mud.

So good wethering effects.

Very good attempt and I think the phase out of stealth effect that you were aiming for would be extremely hard to get looking right.

Top marks for giving it a go.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:10 am

so a happy accident then? lol that happens to often with me

well it does work with them being stealthy they obviously would walk through bogs and such.

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:44 am

fluffyfen wrote:well it does work with them being stealthy they obviously would walk through bogs and such.
heheh true
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

fluffyfen

Post by fluffyfen » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:42 pm

better pics of the chosen

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 am

That is some stellar stuff Fluffy!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)