Dez #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #thedailypaint

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 pm

:)

And now, a WIP of the Dread.

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

o.o uhm.... I promise I won't steal this.......I promise I won't steal this..... I promise I won't steal this..... I'm gna steal this.... ^^^
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Midge913 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

The dread is looking great Dez!
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 pm

:: picks her jaw off the floor:: Holy Nurgle tastic man!

I would be so tempted to steal this if Nurgle stuff did not freak me out.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Hey Dez! Look at the new minis over there! -points over there-

Dude... where did your dread go? I totally think Lady Soria took it. That dreadnaught sized bulge in my purse? Female things. Yeah. Female things..

He is looking AMAZING Dez! I can has?
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 pm

You can has cheezeburger. Hmm, I want to haz cheezeburger...

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 am

:shock: Freaking awesome bro!
Smartah wrote:That dreadnaught sized bulge in my purse? Female things. Yeah. Female things..
This one made me laugh! :lol:
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:51 am

That is an AMAZING dread!! :shock:
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:19 am

Thanks guys!

Got some more work done last night on weathering rust and added some shadows.

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Sarkastik » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 am

:shock: wow!

Your work never ceases to impress! love it!
My Armies:
CSM - WIP
Tyranids - WIP

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 am

Dez, you may notice a spot in ur case where your dreadnought used to be... I promise you it wasn't me, it was the guys I paid haha, great job mate can't wait to see it all done up.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:45 am

Just read my last post in Blue's TDP and replace "Marine" in the first sentence with "Dreadnought". I don't feel like typing it twice ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 am

That Dreadnought is freaking gorgeous. Stop making me want to paint Marines! GAH, you guys and all your damn inspiration, you're feeding my Army ADD like a cake-eating contest at fat camp. I'm on a No-New-Armies diet, and you're tempting me with delicious Chaos cake and Marine muffins. It's evil!
Haha, I've actually been staying focused! Which is odd for me...well, at least I'm staying focussed and working on this army. I have some fun conversion ideas I've been thinking about, but I want to get this stuff painted and based and finished first.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 am

I want to stay focused, honest! But I've got so many choices when it comes to what-to-paint-next... I really want about 2000 points of my Necrons painted up and playable so I can start gaming again without shame, but I keep wanting to paint... almost everything else.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:58 am

Yup, that's normally me too. That darn Smartah keeps instigating me to start Necrons...