Dez #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #thedailypaint

Postby Dez » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks Blue!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 am

So glad you could use some of those bits! Your trolls are looking awesome. love the ears
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:30 am

Yesterday I did some puttering about, nothing extremely worthy. Cleaned up my airbrushing area, organized some stuff.

I did spend a LOT of time with my lil girls this weekend, which is what it's all about. One of my most cherished memories not only of my mother but of my childhood is watching The Hobbit cartoon, with fresh popped popcorn. I got to recreate that with my daughter today, and she loved it and it made me infinitely happy. My One year old is really starting to interact and run around, and she would come tearing out of the other room yelling 'Daddy!' and hug my legs. Parenthood rules! I also hung out with my wife more, instead of going downstairs and locking myself in the basement. Awesome overall weekend.

I also read most of Know No Fear. What an awesome book!

I've had this ugly painted Giant for a while, I think I'm going to work on him for a bit tonite. I just don't have the energy to break out the Airbrush right now.

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 am

Lucky man posting above me here...

Sounds like a great weekend bud. How old are your girls?
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Dez

Postby Dez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks Blue, I think so! They are One and Seven.

Dez

Postby Dez » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:40 am

I've got to do something better, more concrete. I've just been putzing around, researching Iron Warriors. I've decided to go with Iron Warriors first for the upcoming Chaos Codex, mainly because I hear the Raptors will be released in a later wave. I also want to do some heavy converting, and not have to be obsessed over painting. So the Iron Warriors scheme is pretty easy, I should be able to get an army to tabletop really fast while concentrating on the modeling aspect.

I also sold a bunch of SM stuff tonite that I had just lying around, so I have more money for FW and new CSM stuff. Talked shop with my friend for a while concerning 40K.

Tonite I also rummaged around in the bitz, I have an idea for Terrain Build #34.

I built lists for my Fantasy game tomorrow.

I guess my night was pretty Gaming Centric, though I didn't paint or build much!

I almost forgot, I did some research into creating Knight Titans...MUHUHAHAHAHA!!!

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:27 am

Dez wrote: I have an idea for Terrain Build #34.

Good... very good...
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Dez

Postby Dez » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:24 am

Tonite I played Warhammer Fantasy! It was pretty cool, because myself and my opponent had mostly painted armies. I'm influenced to finish some of these units off. Right now, I'm barely awake...which it's weird to be tired this early.

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:59 am

:( I hope everything is okay.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”