Dez #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #thedailypaint

Postby Smartah » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Andi, It's really not fair to mock the name of our country, when yours never chose one :P

"United States of America" is a descriptor, like calling Canada "Confederated Provinces of America". America is a group of two continents, not a single country, and it kind of sucks for everyone else in North and South America that "American" describes people from the U.S.A. specifically, rather than the entire continent. "European" is anyone from Europe, "Asian" is anyone from Asia, but as a citizen of North America, I can't be called an "American". Thanks a lot, usurpers ;)

</rant>

"Canada" is actually a mispronounciation of the native word "Kanata", which if I recall correctly, actually means "village". Some European explorer (hey, it's been about 14 years since I took a history class, I don't recall his name) misunderstood, and believed the native was referring to the entire land, rather than the nearby village. Interestingly enough, there's a suburb of our nation's capital named Kanata.

</history>

I like my story better. Eh? :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 am

Last night I worked on building my Screaming Bell. It takes me forever to built stuff, I'm fairly picky. I also was looking for my Skaven bits, can't find them.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 am

Awwh, that's no good :( I hope you find the bits soon!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 am

I still can't find those Skaven bits, but I guess that isn't such a hard thing to believe here.

I finished the Screaming Bell last night, and I've started assembling Stormvermin. I watched Battle: Los Angeles and Paul, both were very entertaining. I think Nick Frost and Simon Pegg are the greatest nerds around!

I read Battlefield Earth a long time ago, such a great book. I put off watching the movie, and I finally got around to it. I'm wondering, did any of the script writers read the book? Anyone that made that movie read the book? It was awful, I couldn't finish it.

Dez

Postby Dez » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:19 am

Tonite I built more Stormvermin, and played some Skyrim.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:32 am

I took a painting break last night and played some Bulletstorm and L4D. Shooting things was necessary.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

pew pew is always a must.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:48 am

Boring stuff all weekend, I just built Stormvermin while I watched movies. I seem to get awful distracted with the movies and don't get as much done as I'd like :)

The Eagle was a good movie, I liked the cultural background.

*batteries not included, watched that last night and loved it just as much as when I was a kid. I love those robots, it makes me want to scratch build one!

Dez

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 am

Last night I finally played a game with my Skaven! We played a 2500 point game, I was playing against Vampire Counts. I haven't played Fantasy in forever, and my opponent hasn't played since 5e or earlier. So we spent most of the night fumbling over rules ;) It was fun, and I learned that Warp Lightning Cannons are absolutely ridiculous.

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am

If you mean ridiculous as in ridiculously awesome then you are correct sir.
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Dez

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:05 am

Ridiculously Awesome indeed!

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am

Insane rats FTW.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

kavika0311
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby kavika0311 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 pm

That's a lot of rats. Good luck. lol.
AOBR Astartes Coalition

Imperial Fists WIP

Critiques and tips are more than welcome.

Dez

Postby Dez » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:26 am

I did some work on my Nurgle dread last night, but I've got to really pick up the pace on it. I also need to base my Death Guard that are pretty much done besides lenses. I then need to finish up my DE for Deathmatch as well!

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Do it to it! I want pics of your skaven in action.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”