Dez #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Dez #thedailypaint

Postby Dez » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:38 am

NICE! Now I need to figure out rock spires.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:13 am

Last night I assembled 80 Clan Rats, 3 Weapon Teams, and made 8 movement trays out of sprue and cardboard (from a WoC Battalion).

SO THERE!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

Dez wrote:Last night I assembled 80 Clan Rats, 3 Weapon Teams, and made 8 movement trays out of sprue and cardboard (from a WoC Battalion).

SO THERE!

well aren't you all high and mighty lolz good work load man
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Sarkastik » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Dez wrote:Last night I assembled 80 Clan Rats, 3 Weapon Teams, and made 8 movement trays out of sprue and cardboard (from a WoC Battalion).

SO THERE!

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Jk, awesome man!
My Armies:
FTs - 2250 pts (75% Painted)
CSM - 1850pts - (45% Painted)
DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Dez

Postby Dez » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Pics :)

Here are the easy to make movement trays. They are rough, I didn't trim any of the sprue or anything but they make do in a pinch. I'll make some nicer ones later, with metal so I can magnetize them. I'll also sculpt something interesting on the edges.

The Doomwheel

Clanrats built last night

And an overview of what I've built and painted, and what needs to be done still.

dustinp
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby dustinp » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 pm

damn man, i never though of using sprue for movemant trays. great idea and i'll be addopting that for when i get started on more fantasy stuff.

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Holy Catfish dere eh?

See look! I'm still fluent in Canadian!

Oh Oh canadia joke intermission:

The three explorers that found Canada were all huddled up around a fire debating on what they were going to name the great, yet freezing, land they found. One of them said "Why don't we all pick out two letters and we'll figure it out from there!" The all agreed by saying "Ya sure" and "You betcha" and started thinking about letters.
After a couple minutes,
The first one said "C eh"
The second said "N eh"
and finally, the last one said "D eh"

And Canada was born.

Intermission over!

Great work Dez!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Dez

Postby Dez » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Dez wrote:Image

Yay! Dez graces us with his pic!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Dez

Postby Dez » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 pm

This one is from the 80's, that's a Flock of Seagulls pen.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Is the tape your parrot?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Dez

Postby Dez » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:33 am

So last night I didn't play Fantasy as planned, we played the Battlestar Galactica board game instead. It was a lot of fun. It's a cooperative game, and the object is to jump to a planet I forgot the name of (sorry I didn't watch the new series). You overcome a crisis by cooperating...or are you? One person is a Cylon, and can throw a wrench into the works. It was a great game. I'd also like to point out that Final Flight make some great products, my friend spilled a beer all over the game and there was no damage done.

I did do some work on the trays yesterday morning. Today I am going to build some more Skaven, as I have a definite game next week.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 am

Andi, It's really not fair to mock the name of our country, when yours never chose one :P

"United States of America" is a descriptor, like calling Canada "Confederated Provinces of America". America is a group of two continents, not a single country, and it kind of sucks for everyone else in North and South America that "American" describes people from the U.S.A. specifically, rather than the entire continent. "European" is anyone from Europe, "Asian" is anyone from Asia, but as a citizen of North America, I can't be called an "American". Thanks a lot, usurpers ;)

</rant>

"Canada" is actually a mispronounciation of the native word "Kanata", which if I recall correctly, actually means "village". Some European explorer (hey, it's been about 14 years since I took a history class, I don't recall his name) misunderstood, and believed the native was referring to the entire land, rather than the nearby village. Interestingly enough, there's a suburb of our nation's capital named Kanata.

</history>
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:26 am

Yay Skaven! I may not like the look of them but admire them. :D
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Sarkastik
Gold Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Sarkastik » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:49 am

Love the movement tray idea! definitely going to "borrow" it for when i continue with my dwarfs and start skaven :)
My Armies:
FTs - 2250 pts (75% Painted)
CSM - 1850pts - (45% Painted)
DE - 1750pts - (15% Painted)

Twitter - @Sarkastic87

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”