Oceangrave's #TheDailyPaint MKI 2012 (CLOSING/PICS REMOVED)

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Oceangrave's #TheDailyPaint MKI 2012 (CLOSING/PICS REMOVED)

Postby Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Everyone else is doing it, so I thought I'd join in (peer pressure!). I got a lot of stuff on my desk so I will be able to paint atleast a model every single day for....months.... :P
Last edited by Oceangrave0 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Oceangrave's #TheDailyPaint

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Welcome aboard! Remember that the goal isn't necessarily to paint a complete model every day, but to simply make *some* progress every day. Of course, if you're comfortable at that pace, I sure won't try to talk you out of it!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Welcome aboard! Remember that the goal isn't necessarily to paint a complete model every day, but to simply make *some* progress every day. Of course, if you're comfortable at that pace, I sure won't try to talk you out of it!

haha, I do commissions for people alot at my local club, so I'm used to atleast doin 1 model a day to get the work done, so i got the money to get my own models :D I actually almost got a couple done and will post pics later :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Day 1 - Got Amon Ad-Raza done today for my day 1 model!

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Today I get started on a Cygnar battle box commission that I really have only done the blue basecoats for, and if I get tired of that I can move back to the menoth for a while.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Day 2 - No pictures today, but I got a Lancer Warjack, and the basecoats for the Ironclad, Charger and Stryker, along with the main bone colours on a Vanquisher and Crusader warjacks. Pretty good day for work, tomorrow is detailing work
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Hey mates, getting some work done today as well, more work on the Cygnar battlebox, I'm going to try to finish up Stryker and maybe the ironclad if I get some momentum, also going to try and get all the Daughters of the Flame's faces done, cuz faces take me a good bit of time to get em to look nice
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh god I did relatively little today, I got the Charger Warjack's details started and the Ironclad's gold work started up. I might do a little more work between now and when i hit the sack. Work in the AM.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 pm

What you're doing looks great! Keep it up!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Smartah wrote:What you're doing looks great! Keep it up!

Today I got the Cygnar Battle Box commission done, I hate that the person who assembled it flooded it with glue... ugh... i made it look pretty darn good to my standards tho :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Ugh don't you hate it when glue is everywhere? I saw a guy trying to sell his DEldar and glue oozed out EVERYWHERE, it was terrible
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:00 am

Smartah wrote:Ugh don't you hate it when glue is everywhere? I saw a guy trying to sell his DEldar and glue oozed out EVERYWHERE, it was terrible

my club has a lot of young high-schoolers who are just getting into the hobby, so they like flood the parts with super glue, so all the detail is like GONE, and then they ask me to paint it and make it look good.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah the guy I was talking about was probably mid 20s :P New players I can understand messing crap up but mid 20s not so much. I was sad for that de. I wanted to strip it right then and there hehe

So are your daily paints for commissions or for your stuff?
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0

Postby Oceangrave0 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Smartah wrote:Yeah the guy I was talking about was probably mid 20s :P New players I can understand messing crap up but mid 20s not so much. I was sad for that de. I wanted to strip it right then and there hehe

So are your daily paints for commissions or for your stuff?

Right now its for commissions, but I have a full 40pt Retribution of Scyrah army that is mine that I'm gonna paint, but I'm waiting on some army painter grey primer cuz i'm painting the dreaded white lol.

Right now I'm kinda resting after a stressful day at university. If I get anything done it'll be working on the Daughters of the Flame.

Everyone loved the commissions I got done already, yay :D I'm doing something rite!
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 pm

It's always nice to have some finished commission love!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”