Andi's #theweeklypaint check out the first post!

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Andi's #thedailypaint

Post by Smartah » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 pm

skin is done on 100% of the orks and 1/3 of them have black pants. tomorrow I work again, so I'll try and get more of the black done before I go in. All of it would be nice.

The guy that has the battletech gave me another group of minis. But at least I can sit on those for a while and have some fun with the orks.

Total for this month? 86. And packing to move. Oi!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:27 am

That ork musculature and head look great Andi! Good luck on the rest!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks Blue! I never painted an Ork before so I was pretty excited. I am shaking my fist at the arms being in the way of EVERYTHING though.

Today's goal? Get the black done on all 30. Well, at least the basecoat and wash. I don't think I'll get the highlights done before work
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 am

Yea, I think I need to open a Cafepress for Epic Duck Studios. "You'd be easier to paint if your arms came off" needs to be on a lot of things - along with "Great Artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint" and "Wargamers do it on Tables"

That Ork looks fantastic Andi, looking forward to group photos :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 am

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Yea, I think I need to open a Cafepress for Epic Duck Studios. "You'd be easier to paint if your arms came off" needs to be on a lot of things - along with "Great Artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint" and "Wargamers do it on Tables"

That Ork looks fantastic Andi, looking forward to group photos :D

O
M
G
YES do it. I love all of those sayings. Wargamers do it on Tables teehee. I am hoping to have the group done by thursday. That is the ultimate goal for the orks. Then I will focus back on battletech and the other minis he gave me
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 am

Epic Duck Mike wrote: "Wargamers do it on Tables"

Oooowww coffee hurts coming out of your nose.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:56 am

Finally a day off! I have to take the dogs to the vet for their annual blood work and then I might go shopping for skirts and sandals. And then? PAINTING DA ORKZ

So fat they have the metal done, black done and skin done. I'm going to wait to do skin touch ups until all the brown is done. then washes on everything and highlights and base
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am

I will admit, a grinned like a nut when I read painting orkz after shopping for skirts and sandals. Who says mini painters can't be girlie.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:I will admit, a grinned like a nut when I read painting orkz after shopping for skirts and sandals. Who says mini painters can't be girlie.
whoever says that kinda needs a new lease on their hobby. I know some INSANELY girly girls who play black templars, dark eldar, and chaos lol.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm getting in touch with my girly side :P I'm usually all jock with sweats and tank tops and running shoes. But my inner hippie is coming out a lot more lately and I want some boho skirts and beaded sandals hehe. I figure layered tanks would look cute with the skirts. I should look for belts too...

I am also changing my goal: I want to get 1/3 of the orks finished today. I need a break from straight basecoating.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

have fun andi :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 pm

After getting all of the orks pretty much done, my Gordon decided he wanted cleaner brighter yellows. Before and after. I made the shadows much more subtle than they are in the pic. so don't look at that :P

ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Looks great!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Those pesky Gordons! Looking great btw :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Well he wants the color changed again. lol he better be happy with the final one. I'm not doing them again :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar