Andi's #theweeklypaint check out the first post!

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Andi's #thedailypaint

Post by Dez » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:24 pm

You sure do work a lot lady! Nice work on getting 6 minis done already, I haven't even had that many cups of coffee yet :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:23 am

Those battletech minis are looking good. I like the group to the left.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Yeah the blue and pink ones are my favorites so far too. Today I packed up 8 boxes for the move. so much more to do, but I still have a month :P Gonna watch a movie and maybe get the orange group done tonight. :D
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm just catching up on reading everyone's posts now... taking me a while! I've missed a LOT, glad to see the progress on those Battletech minis though :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Thanks Duckie. Is negotiating another commission considered hobby something? lol after packing up a few things I was struck with a mighty headache. But I am for sure getting 30 Orks as a commission :) They will be in the mail to me tomorrow I believe
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:23 am

Finally painting something proppa.... :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:26 am

yeah I'm totally excited. Gonna give myself a red day for yesterday. I'll make up for it today I'm sure :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 am

Orks! I love them crazy goons! WAUGH!

Sorry about the headache though. :(
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:30 am

OMG It's been ridiculously busy at the Andi house. I've been painting though and finishing models. Starting on my test subject ork. OMG they are fun but I wish I had the arms unattached. I think it would make the whole thing easier. Oh well. Bad Moon clan coming up
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 am

yay orks :P
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am

*Every* model is easier to paint with arms that remove... I think I'm going to make that my mantra or something.

*daydreams about a T-Shirt that says "You'd be easier to paint if your arms came off"*
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:*Every* model is easier to paint with arms that remove... I think I'm going to make that my mantra or something.

*daydreams about a T-Shirt that says "You'd be easier to paint if your arms came off"*

Sign me up for that shirt, seriously.

well here is the test Ork. I got the okay to continue with the rest. He's pretty happy with the test subject. Can't see many of the highlights at all with the camera phone but oh well at least there are pics!

ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Wow, I forgit about your thread...

1: Good luck with the move.

2: Those BattleTech minis look... :shudder:

3: That Ork is ready for a wagh!

All in all, Show no Fear, Feal no Pain, to Glorious Painticus Away!
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Lol iggy.

Quick update time, I excused myself from the family gathering and an escalating political conversation and decided to paint. close to 2/3 of the orks now have their first skin highlight. I'm hoping to have the skin 100% done by the time I go to work.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Good luck andi we shall be awaiting pics
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”