Andi's #theweeklypaint check out the first post!

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Andi's #thedailypaint

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 am

Skittles: Now in space elf flavour.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 am

When I saw "Skittles" I thought Smartah did a zombie related mini and referenced "We're Alive" an audio drama, but then realized you were talking about candy. :P
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 am

I've been painting a lot lately. Got a rushed commission to be finished by xmas. My goal was to have it done by the 15th. I got it done last night, so 3 days before my goal. I'm pretty proud. I'll post pics add soon as i get them

Oh yeah, the commish was a tabletop csm battleforce
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:51 am

Haha, finally got em done after days of forcing yourself?
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Smartah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Pretty much. I'm glad to get them out of my house and super happy i beat a goal i set for myself. This also means i get to work on my own minis. I'm gonna get Eldrad primed tonight. The new goal is to get Eldrad, his warlock and the farseer done by the end of the month.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Sounds like a plan, i personally wish i could get a farseer from the old metal Seer Council Box kit as they we are the only Farseers i like :(
And gratz on beating your goal.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:58 pm

The camera really messed up the look of the zerkers. there is a lot more definition in shade and highlight with them. This was a TTQ (tabletop) commission, so they are no where near my best work.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Yah the white balance makes them look like they are on fire but I like the general look of the whole thing... good job
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 pm

I like them. I really like the purple one (please forgive-I don't play chaos so have no idea what they are called :( )

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Nice job, i especially like the Teal Possessed :D
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'm picking out colors for the rest of my December minis. Eldrad is going to be a pita to figure out...again.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:29 pm

So after more ridiculous drama at work, I am home and thinking about painting. I have to ask why everything at that store has to be so cray. If I didn't like the product and if the discount wasn't as good as it is, I would have left a long time ago.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Sorry to ask, but what store?

Smartah

Post by Smartah » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 am

Under Armour. It's a great company, don't get me wrong, it's just this particular store.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:38 pm

ah, so.

good quality items from my experience.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”