Andi's #theweeklypaint check out the first post!

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Andi's #thedailypaint

Postby Smartah » Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 pm

I made it to Texas! Yay me! And what was the first thing I did? That's right, I set up my painting station in the hotel :P

It's a shame you can't see the bi-colored pants. but there is a tabletop infinity mini
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:05 pm

YAY! we missed you :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

As always Smartah, you inspire, not just in skill, but also in dedication. :D
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks guys. I am overwhelmed with commissions and other things I have to do like find a place to live and a place to work and going back to school :P I don't know how often I'll be updating, but I'll keep on painting!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Thu May 03, 2012 2:44 am

yay Andi :D i missed you welcome back and its great to hear you made it safely
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Blue » Thu May 03, 2012 5:14 am

Shes back! and with a killer mini too. Really great work on the skin there and I can see the two colored pants. Nice work!

Glad you made it there safe!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Thu May 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks guys! I'm excited to get into the apartment and get everything set up. Got 3 more of the infinity guys finished today. The other two should be finished soon, but I'm exceptionally tired today. But I got signed up for all my classes today! Yay me
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Fri May 04, 2012 7:12 am

Welcome back! Glad to hear you made it safely to Texas, and that Infinity guy looks fantastic!

We'll catch up sometime soon, promise!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Sun May 06, 2012 10:27 am

I got a skorne gladiator partially assembled yesterday. No painting which sucked but I just wasn't in the mood at all. Today I am supposed to be taking possession of my apartment, but I think I'm staying in the hotel for one more night until the electricity is turned on yay. So the easiest thing for me to do is clean off and assemble my malifaux minis :D
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am

I assembled my first ever Chimera. Kinda fun. I also cleaned off about 1/3 of my malifaux and put together the bunny suit wearing chicken riding gremlinette. Today I have an interview and I take my apartment. Gotta get a blow up mattress
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Postby camsmclean » Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 am

WOW, you be crazy!
Busy. good to see your name back in the forums. Good for you, moving and being so busy! Id love to get to texas.... I a desert guy, always wanted to hit araizona, texas, new mexico.... I might burst into flames though.

Anyway. Nice Infinity model! How did you find putting it together? I hear they are tough, but I might pick some up after seeing yours.

is the Chimera, fantasy or 40k?
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Mon May 07, 2012 2:53 pm

I actually didn't put him together, the gordon sent him to me assembled already. The Chimera is the IG variety, not the cool fantasy variety -sigh- I get to put 5 more together, 6 sentinels, and 2 leman russ tanks. and I have to sculpt -.- not happy about that part because I'm not good at it, but oh well. I suppose it's good practice.

I just got into my apartment and I found the hobby closet :P Gotta get stuff organized now
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Update time I suppose. I've lost all enthusiasm for painting. A bunch of things happened that made me lose interest and I'm still stuck with commissions to do. -sigh- oh well. I've been super busy with school and such. Everything is really REALLY good here, just not painting :P I doubt I'll be on mwg much at all, I lost interest in the forums too for several reasons as well. I do keep my facebook page somewhat updated, so if you wanted to keep in touch or see what I've been up to, go there :)
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 pm

:( Burn out is a hard thing to deal with sometimes. Best of luck with your school though!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 pm

i missed you D:

it sucks bout the burn out ;/ at least everything else is going ok
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”