Andi's #theweeklypaint check out the first post!

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Andi's #theweeklypaint check out the first post!

Postby Smartah » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Hidyho! So it looks like we did not perish in the Mayan end of the world thing. So I decided to start this up again, only I'm going to jazz it up a bit. Instead of a daily paint, I want to do a weekly paint. I also have a specific goal in mind for this year. I want to paint a playable 2k point army. It seems like I have a good start on eldar this year, but I need to come up with a list. I will post that here as soon as I make it. So yeah. I decided that if I miss a week, I owe a painted maxed out unit. We'll see how it goes :)

BLUE: Goal met, something painted
RED: Goal missed, model owed
GREEN: models completed

January:
On the table: Avatar (commish), Warlock, Eldrad, Farseer, 10 Fire Dragons, 30 Warp Spiders(?)
Week 1 - Avatar, Warlock, 10 Fire Dragons, Farseer
Week 2 - Eldrad, Start Warp Spiders
Week 3 - Continue Warp Spiders
Week 4 - Finish Warp Spiders
Last edited by Smartah on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 98 times in total.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Andi's #thedailypaint

Postby fluffyfen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 pm

i dont wana bother with twitter so ill just follow this thread 8)
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Postby IGfanatic » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 pm

I now follow the Smartah...and MWGjoe
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

Smartah
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Smartah » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Yay! :D I'm looking forward to this. I just hope I can make up those minis I missed!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 pm

One mini has been made up leaving Five! Today I think I might work on my wave serpent, finish up those weapons and underside for the weekly painting pledge :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Pics finally! This is what I've been working on and redoing over and over again :P

Tomorrow should be a good day for painting. well this entire week should be a good day for painting :P I am dogsitting for the week and I always get so much done then. I'm thinking by tomorrow I'll have taken care of my non-painting days, so here's hoping!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 pm

That tank is coming along great Andi, keep it up :)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks Mike! That should totally count as like 5 regular minis :P

But guess what? I don't need those extra 5 minis because I finished up 7/8 of the Justice Department commission! I'll most likely bring my lamp over to the house I'm staying at and try and finish up #8. I call him the PitA.

My sins are absolved and I have finished so far 8 minis in 18 days >.> I'm so freaking slow but progress is progress, so :P
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Yay! today I finished the 8 gangsta apes! That means I finished 16 minis in 2 days. I am impressed with myself :P granted they were already started... But still! 16 finished in 2 days :D :D
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Update time! It looks like my gems (the billions of them) on the weapons for the wave serpent are almost finished. After that, a touch of teal, clean up with some purple and the majority of them will be finished.

The turret and the side parts will need a bit more work and galaxying, so hopefully I can kick some butt and get the tank done 100% tonight.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:46 am

I demand pics! And not of cake mixes!
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:42 am

I ended up listening to my body and stopped for the night. Should only be an hour or so to do the last 3 tiny little pieces, though I will have to take the tank on a trip home to get the star flecks, I forgot my hobby toothbrush >.<

The cake mixes were godly.
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Wait...you use a separate toothbrush for hobby stuff?
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Smartah

Postby Smartah » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Sure do. I learned my lesson when I brushed my teeth and they turned chaos black.

So I delivered my commission. He was very happy with it and gave me moar to do! Yay for commissions. In a couple of weeks I might also get a high elves army to paint o.O GO ME!

I also won the tank competition at the local GW. The next competition is a spesh muhreen competition. The only stipulation is that it is an unknown theme. So I can't paint like an Ultramarine or Crimson Fist. Has to be something totally unusual. apparently there is also extra points for fluff.

All I have left for this month is my Eldrad. :D
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
Eldar

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Postby Joe » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:20 pm

I can't wait to see your take on Eldrad, and for the Marine, do a pre-heresy Chaos Chapter... or will they give you the theme?
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”