Mike's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
SweetSorrow
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Mike's #thedailypaint

Postby SweetSorrow » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 pm

IGfanatic wrote:I'll join you in a weekly paint. :D I just don't have enough money/models left to paint every day of the year. :(

I think I'll start with my Menoth Warcaster this friday. :D

Which caster, also i have fianlly been turned from my Menoth bretheren :cry: and converted to lego of everblight, dang carnivean plus legionaraires. :mrgreen:

Also love the DE Kabalite warriors Mike.
Hmm will need to count out my armies, its been awhile

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Postby IGfanatic » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Kreoss. I might get a jack as well. not sure on the jack though because I need to get empire state troops.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

SweetSorrow
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby SweetSorrow » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 pm

I have a kreoss :shock: he was my caster of choice. had been using steel legion as proxies for flameguard and ahd bought a dervish and crusader for games. good luck with state troops.
Hmm will need to count out my armies, its been awhile

IGfanatic
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Postby IGfanatic » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 pm

purple and white scheme. The main colours of the Republic of Phanaticans, located in the northern mountains, forgotten by the empire and never found by chaos.
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am

mike how lonf did it take to paint one of those ? it makes me sad how amazing your skills are and mine arent
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:14 am

fluffyfen wrote:mike how lonf did it take to paint one of those ? it makes me sad how amazing your skills are and mine arent

A little over 2 hours each.... they aren't fast at all, and I have 18 more Warriors, 5 Scourges, 3 Reavers, 14 Hellions, and assorted characters to go yet. That's a lot of hours ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Did some Non Metallic Metal on the Kroot Shaper, decided that the metallics looked out of place.

Also started on a Circle Orboros Skinwalker, began with the armour inlays. And yes, I filmed the process :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

theninjanid
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.

Postby theninjanid » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Did some Non Metallic Metal on the Kroot Shaper, decided that the metallics looked out of place.

Also started on a Circle Orboros Skinwalker, began with the armour inlays. And yes, I filmed the process :)

Huzzah *claps* and good job mike keep it up. I attempted glazing today for my daily paint, it failed miserably.
"don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee
Because the TNN is awesome - Tmb
you're just made of pure win - Sniperfex
"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Glazing takes a lot of practice to get right. If you have spare bits kicking around, especially swords, I recommend practicing on them. It's really a matter of thinning the paint to the right consistency, and using colours that blend well. I'll sometimes add a bit of a binding agent to make the glaze slightly sticky. Lots of mixing mediums have this alraedy built in. If you're thinning your paint with water though, try adding just a touch of white glue to the mix, and stirring it in really well.

theninjanid
Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.

Postby theninjanid » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Glazing takes a lot of practice to get right. If you have spare bits kicking around, especially swords, I recommend practicing on them. It's really a matter of thinning the paint to the right consistency, and using colours that blend well. I'll sometimes add a bit of a binding agent to make the glaze slightly sticky. Lots of mixing mediums have this alraedy built in. If you're thinning your paint with water though, try adding just a touch of white glue to the mix, and stirring it in really well.

I see thanks for the advice :)
"don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - Bruce Lee
Because the TNN is awesome - Tmb
you're just made of pure win - Sniperfex
"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

Flindo
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Postby Flindo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:20 am

I wanna see some Tau or Trollbloods Mike! :D
Infinity:
Morat 1400 Points
Warmachine:
Skorne 209 Points
Gatormen 141 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 am

I've only got two Trollblood models to paint (both for friends, not mine).
Tau? I've spent 3 days painting a Kroot Shaper, and I'm paint-stripping a R'Myr for a friend today. I think the Tau are seeing plenty of action.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Today I started on the armour for one of the three Skinwalkers (I'm painting the first model prior to filming the second one, so that I'm happy with the colours before I go to video), primed a few things, got a few more old models in brake fluid, and started work on my 7 penalty models - Necron Warriors, this time around.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 pm

This is about where the Skinwalkers finished lat night:

I haven't really decided what I'm working on tonight. I might try to finish a Skinwalker, or do one of my own models (the Skinwalkers are for Allurea's Circle)

Oh, and I did some basic work on an Ultramarine Sternguard already today, just basecoating and stage 1 washing, nothing really exciting yet.

Joe
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Your painting hurts my feeling Mike... so beautiful...
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”