It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
IGfanatic wrote:
I'll join you in a weekly paint. :D I just don't have enough money/models left to paint every day of the year. :(

I think I'll start with my Menoth Warcaster this friday. :D

Which caster, also i have fianlly been turned from my Menoth bretheren :cry: and converted to lego of everblight, dang carnivean plus legionaraires. :mrgreen:

Also love the DE Kabalite warriors Mike.

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Kreoss. I might get a jack as well. not sure on the jack though because I need to get empire state troops.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 pm 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I have a kreoss :shock: he was my caster of choice. had been using steel legion as proxies for flameguard and ahd bought a dervish and crusader for games. good luck with state troops.

Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
purple and white scheme. The main colours of the Republic of Phanaticans, located in the northern mountains, forgotten by the empire and never found by chaos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
mike how lonf did it take to paint one of those ? it makes me sad how amazing your skills are and mine arent

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:14 am 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
fluffyfen wrote:
mike how lonf did it take to paint one of those ? it makes me sad how amazing your skills are and mine arent

A little over 2 hours each.... they aren't fast at all, and I have 18 more Warriors, 5 Scourges, 3 Reavers, 14 Hellions, and assorted characters to go yet. That's a lot of hours ;)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Did some Non Metallic Metal on the Kroot Shaper, decided that the metallics looked out of place.

Also started on a Circle Orboros Skinwalker, began with the armour inlays. And yes, I filmed the process :)

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm 

Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Did some Non Metallic Metal on the Kroot Shaper, decided that the metallics looked out of place.

Also started on a Circle Orboros Skinwalker, began with the armour inlays. And yes, I filmed the process :)

Huzzah *claps* and good job mike keep it up. I attempted glazing today for my daily paint, it failed miserably.

"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm 
The Duckiest!

Glazing takes a lot of practice to get right. If you have spare bits kicking around, especially swords, I recommend practicing on them. It's really a matter of thinning the paint to the right consistency, and using colours that blend well. I'll sometimes add a bit of a binding agent to make the glaze slightly sticky. Lots of mixing mediums have this alraedy built in. If you're thinning your paint with water though, try adding just a touch of white glue to the mix, and stirring it in really well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm 

Location: 221B Baker Street, London with my faithful companion Watson.
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Glazing takes a lot of practice to get right. If you have spare bits kicking around, especially swords, I recommend practicing on them. It's really a matter of thinning the paint to the right consistency, and using colours that blend well. I'll sometimes add a bit of a binding agent to make the glaze slightly sticky. Lots of mixing mediums have this alraedy built in. If you're thinning your paint with water though, try adding just a touch of white glue to the mix, and stirring it in really well.

I see thanks for the advice :)

"Miniwargaming, is that for dwarves" - My dad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:20 am 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
I wanna see some Tau or Trollbloods Mike! :D

Gatormen 170 points
Dwarves 261 points
Malifaux:
Gremlins 203 Soul Stones
Relic Knights:
Noh Empire: 68 points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 am 
The Duckiest!

I've only got two Trollblood models to paint (both for friends, not mine).
Tau? I've spent 3 days painting a Kroot Shaper, and I'm paint-stripping a R'Myr for a friend today. I think the Tau are seeing plenty of action.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 pm 
The Duckiest!

Today I started on the armour for one of the three Skinwalkers (I'm painting the first model prior to filming the second one, so that I'm happy with the colours before I go to video), primed a few things, got a few more old models in brake fluid, and started work on my 7 penalty models - Necron Warriors, this time around.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 pm 
The Duckiest!

This is about where the Skinwalkers finished lat night:

I haven't really decided what I'm working on tonight. I might try to finish a Skinwalker, or do one of my own models (the Skinwalkers are for Allurea's Circle)

Oh, and I did some basic work on an Ultramarine Sternguard already today, just basecoating and stage 1 washing, nothing really exciting yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm 

Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Your painting hurts my feeling Mike... so beautiful...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 508 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next