Mike's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Ryan
Gold Vault Member

Re: Mike's #thedailypaint

Post by Ryan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm

I work for food :P
-Ryan Guzowski
9000 points points of Imperial Smurf Marines!!!!
Yay a full company!
4000pts of Empire

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Ok, not *exactly* painting, but I did some research and found two new 3D printing sources that seem to offer very similar service to what I used to get from PrintAPart.com. I think I'll try and put an hour or two per night this coming week into working on some new models... I'm planning to finally create some companions for the Eyebot, for starters :D
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 am

Epic Duck Mike wrote:I think I need someone to do Time Management for me.
Sounds like an extra expense to me...
You just need to control your self Mike. These three things are not that important to everyday life,
Epic Duck Mike wrote: sleep and food and work
Maybe a swift slap across the face every time you get hungry and kick the wall whenever you get sleepy. By doing those two things you could be out of work for a while with both neck injuries as well as broken toes/ feet.
There ya go! Time managed!

For payment I accept
Epic Duck Mike wrote:companions for the Eyebot
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:46 am

My life is a comedy of errors right now.

Yesterday I filmed a Quick painting tutorial.
This morning I filmed the intro part where I talk about #thedailypaint, The Dark Potential fundraiser, and introduce the tutorial.

Today I go to edit those... and find that since I formatted my PC a few weeks ago, I can't reinstall Vegas because it thinks I've used my Serial # too many times. I'm pretty sure I still have it installed on my older PC so I *can* edit it... but it'll take 4-5x longer to render the video.

So I either edit the video today, on a painfully slow rig... or I wait until probably tuesday for Sony to resolve the problem. I know there are *other* methods for solving this problem, but I paid for the software, I don't want to do something illegal to make it work :P

I'm going to take a break and walk Jango now.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:51 am

Taking a break to walk the doggy is always a good idea.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Very slow day at work today... *very* slow. The singular benefit? Two new Eyebot sketches done, and another 3-4 mentally catalogued. One of my goals was to increase the number of minis made by Epic Duck from 1 to around 12 this year, and I've really been slacking on it - along with new bases and new videos. I've found 2 new 3D printers with good reputations and good output qualities (note: *don't* use inventapart.com) that I'll be sending test work too once I take these from sketches to 3D models.

Also, Sony fixed the issue with my serial number for Vegas, I can get back to rendering tonight!

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:36 pm

I can't wait to see the new 3D images Mike! I really digged the Eyebot and can't wait to have some cool little robot buddies.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Remarkably short update.... Vegas is reinstalled and functional! Video editing will resume TONIGHT!

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:Remarkably short update.... Vegas is reinstalled and functional! Video editing will resume TONIGHT!
well, its time to break out the confetti! :D i cannot wait at all to see the next vid.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 pm

YAY! Break out the Mike and Ike's!
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:32 am

So quick question?

OctopEye, or Eyeboctopus?

Lady_Soria

Post by Lady_Soria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 am

Eyeboctopus, the other one make me think it should have eight eyes.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:46 pm

A few sketches done while at work.

This one is a sort of "hazardous environment" eyebot, capable of handling heavier tasks and fully enclosing itself in armour. I'm not thrilled with the way the armour is hinged in this image, I'll have to work that out.

I have some qualms with this one, not sure if his arms are too wide-set, or what it is I really just don't like yet - maybe it's the hat. Core concept is good, definitely a need for an armed, military model :)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:12 am

Ok, so this isn't *exactly* painting... I discovered a new program last night called Alchemy, which basically creates pseudo-random shapes based on things like tablet pen pressure, random images it loads from Flickr, fonts on your computer, etc. It's meant to be a brainstorming tool, and I used itto generate a bunch of random shapes which I then interpretted as robots using my tablet, photoshop, and a little imagination.

I just started on the last one this morning. Some of these are pretty ridiculous and I wouldn't even consider making them into a model - but it's a really good exercise for breaking design-lock, at least. I'd never pictured an Eyebot with talons before doing this. I think the first 5 are easily my favourites, and certainly plausible models.

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 am

my favorites are the first one, the third one and the one with the 4 little spider legs :D
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”