Mike's #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mike's #thedailypaint

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Thu May 10, 2012 10:49 am

Honestly, I feel like I need to pick up something entirely new, paint some Infinity or something... but I also don't need *MORE* unpainted models kicking around ;)
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Thu May 10, 2012 10:56 am

Ah... This may seem like a strange suggestion, but why not work on Terrain that may relate your current unpainted horde? It seems odd but since I started work on a Bretonnian wild prayer shrine I've gotten a massive urge to paint Brets.

( Which explains why several are currently in a Simple Green bath. :D )
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Thu May 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I honestly have no interest in working on terrain at all, until I have a table to put it on... and I won't have that until my basement renovations are done so I have a room to put it in. Curse you cause and effect!

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Thu May 10, 2012 1:01 pm

:: laughs"" Well dang! Fresh out of ideas I am.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Bigfi
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Postby Bigfi » Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Alcohol?
fool me once shame on me, fool me twice... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Cryx, Circle, CSM, and BA armies

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Thu May 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Bigfi wrote:Alcohol?

This is definitely not the worst idea I've heard. Might need to organize a painting party this weekend.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Epic Duck Mike wrote:
Bigfi wrote:Alcohol?

This is definitely not the worst idea I've heard. Might need to organize a painting party this weekend.

painting, alcohol and cheetos, sounds like a great time
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Thu May 10, 2012 1:35 pm

I knew a guy who did painting BBQs... I think one of the GW guys did them to.

azzerath
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Postby azzerath » Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Lady_Soria wrote:I knew a guy who did painting BBQs... I think one of the GW guys did them to.

That is a fantastic idea! I might have to do that!

Midge913
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Postby Midge913 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:05 am

Hey Mike!!!

Sorry I have been long absent from the forum, but I am making an attempt to be more active once again.

I am a big fan of all the Eyebot designs and, even though they are just mess around sketches and random shape designs, I think that you have captured an extreme amount of diversity in different model designs tied to a central theme. Love it!

I feel you on the painting blahs. I have been subject to those myself quite a bit over the last couple of weeks (time heavy training course and crazy home schedue not withstanding). I have found that the best way to beat the blahs is to just sit down and do it. Once you get brush to model, I find that I start thinking about ways to do things, color schemes, conversion projects, and the desire to work on stuff just starts to flow.

If that doesn't work alcohol would be my second bet :wink:
www.midge913.com
Commissions, Works in Progress, and Gallery
Follow me on Twitter:@MidgesWorkshop

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:31 pm

I *think* my 2-month long painting slump is over! I finally got a new video recorded and edited. Take a look!

The Epic Hobby: Carbon Fibre

I'm still playing with camera setup and such, I think my hand is in the way a little too often. My basement renos are way behind schedule (car needed new brakes, goodbye reno budget) so I'm still using a "temporary" painting station, though I did commandeer one of the spare rooms in my basement for the task so it's out of the way and isolated... it's providing a good work space in the meantime and I'm enjoying my hobby again :)

Lady_Soria

Postby Lady_Soria » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:38 pm

YAY!

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:59 pm

I watched this before you posted, and I have to say that Carbon Fiber looks really nice!
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”