Goldspohn's #thedailypaint Plog

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Goldspohn
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Goldspohn's #thedailypaint Plog

Post by Goldspohn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 am

Call me Goldspohn. I am a new wargamer, and I am starting 40k with a leap first and look latter philosophy. That said I will be jumping right into making an army and painting it by the end of 2013 (my end goal is to have about 3000 points). I decided on Dark Eldar as the army. I am a brand new painter so my stuff may not be the greatest, and as such any critique and suggestion is warmly welcomed and requested. I built and painted my first Kabalite Warrior tonight and I think he turned out ok, good enough to be put on a gaming table I think. He is my first test model to see which paint schemes I like the best and which I can make look the best.
"Make plain to them the excellence of killing
And a field where a thousand corpses lie."

Smartah
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Goldspohn's #thedailypaint Plog

Post by Smartah » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Dark Eldar! I like the idea of the silver. Make sure you always thin down your paints to the point of a milky consistency. and washes are your friend :) You're doing good, keep it up!
ZOMG IMMA GIRL!
Check out Smartah Studios on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter! @Smartah

My Armies:
Ogre Kingdoms
[X---------] Painted (10%)
Eldar
[X----------] Painted (4%)

DaOrkyBitz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by DaOrkyBitz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:54 pm

My friend did this nearly identically. He did Eldar with gold and silver armor.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Dark Eldar is a great choice :)
Nice start.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”