DaOrkyBitz #thedailypaint

The goal of #thedailypaint is simple - to develop our skills and paint our armies by making an effort to paint something every day. Anyone is welcome to fire up a thread and join in!
Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: DaOrkyBitz #thedailypaint

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Looks good! My only complaint, if you could call it that, is the metal is a bit bright.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

DaOrkyBitz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby DaOrkyBitz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Yeah I've seen alot of nooby painters with the same problem. All the paints i have are somewhat bright for metal. So I've got to learn how to do non metalic metals. However I've only recently run out of miniatures :( I'm probably going to go halvsies on a fantasy battleforce.

Any reccomendation on best way to learn non metalics? or even how to dull down my metal paints?

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Postby Lady_Soria » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:44 pm

My suggestion for dulling them down is washing them, believe it or not.. as for non metallics.. hmmm not sure.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Oceangrave0 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:35 am

wash metals to matte them down and non metallic metals are just a process of layering that takes like..... 7-10ish layers to look smooth
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

DaOrkyBitz
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby DaOrkyBitz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:36 am

Lady_Soria wrote:My suggestion for dulling them down is washing them, believe it or not.. as for non metallics.. hmmm not sure.

alrighty. i only have quickshade inks and some strong inks that I'll water down for the occasion. Thank you.

DaOrkyBitz

Postby DaOrkyBitz » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:36 am

Oceangrave0 wrote:wash metals to matte them down and non metallic metals are just a process of layering that takes like..... 7-10ish layers to look smooth

yeah i figured it took a while, but it makes everything look so professional. Gotta learn that some day.

DaOrkyBitz

Postby DaOrkyBitz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Blood Angel Librarian-"KILL THOSE ORKS!"
Space Wolves blood claw-"Which Ork? That Ork?"
Blood Angel Librarian-"Yes, THAT ORK! THAT ONE TOO!"

Both yell- "FOR THE EMPRAH!"

devildog
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Postby devildog » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:49 pm

I wanna paint my BA's like that. The pictures were blurry, like you said, but it looked like a good paint job. :D :D :D :D :D
"So fear not and be proud, for we are the Sons of
Sanguinius,the protectors of Mankind.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death."

- Commander Dante

DaOrkyBitz

Postby DaOrkyBitz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Why thank you sir ^.^ I'm just letting you know i wont be posting here anymore its a dead zone lol. I'm on the weekly paint now however.

Return to “#thedailypaint 2012”