Trying to Make Shas's RP a FG

This area is for fun non-wargaming forum games (such as Forum Mafia).
Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Trying to Make Shas's RP a FG

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 pm

I tried putting some rules together, because I liked the general idea of Blood for the Blood God but it should be a game not RP. So here's what I put together. It's pretty straight forward, and you can create as many characters as you like (one at a time though), and it only really has to end when we get bored or until there is an epic champion.

Character sheet
Name:

Race:

20 skill points
10 point max in each skill (doesn't include weapons, traits, base stats)
Weapon skill: (Chance to hit.)
Strength: (Blood for the blood god and all. Beat 'em down!)
Toughness: (Can't live to fight if you die can you?)
Agility: (Dodge, speed, the like.)

Trait: {pick one}: +1 to 2 skills, +2 to one skill, one extra attack at half strength, one less attack for opponent

Weapons: Pick one from the following:
Maul: +3s  -1 AG -2 ATT
chainsword: +1s +1 ATT
raipier: +1ws +1ag +2 ATT -1s

Armour: Pick one: 
Epic Tank: +5 armour, -2 AG
Standard:  +3 armour
Better than Nothing:  +2 armour, + 1 AG

Bass Stats (Add above modifiers to below to get your characters stat line)

AG: 1 WS: 1 ATT: 3 S: 1 T: 1 Sv: 0

How to Play

There are two phases: Declaration and Assault

Declaration

1. A player who is either Ignoring (see below) or not locked in combat may declare an assault on any other player. This is done by posting the following:
Your Character
assault
Target Character

2. "Target player" must respond before attacking character can assault. The Target Player may either declare to defend or flee. A player may also ignore. This is done by posting the following:
Target Character
Defend/flee
Your Character

Defend: You basically fight back
Flee: You attempt to run from the Attacking Player

3. A Target player may also ignore.
Target Character
Ignore
Your Character

Target Character
Defend/flee/assault
Other character

Ignore: You do not fight back of run away. This does not count as a declaration, so thus you can choose to defend, flee or assault another character. The character you ignore will follow you whatever your declaration is.

4. The "Target player" may be unable to declare anything if he/she is currently defending or fleeing from another player. The Attacking Player can assault Target player if this is the case.

5. When the Attacking Player succesfully assaults, the two players are locked in combat until there is a winner. More players can join the assault as per the above rule.

6. Each player can declare one action (defend, flee, or assault) per round. Whatever you declare first is your declaration (NO CHANGING).

Assault

This is where the stats come into play.

Attacking player uses WS, S, ATT
Defending player uses AG, T, SV

1. WS v AG: Subtract DP's AG from AP's WS. If the AG is higher than the WS, the total is 0. 
2. S v T: Subtract DP's T from AP's S. If the T is higher than the S, the total is 0. 
3. ATT v SV: Subtract DP's SC from AP's ATT. If the SV is higher than the ATT, the total is 0. 

Add the totals together. If the sum of the totals are higher than the defenders SV, the defender is dead.

What do you think? Want to give it a test run?

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Trying to Make Shas's RP a FG

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 pm

A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Tmb
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Post by Tmb » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 pm

sounds cool but just a super important question to clarify

If I get NO weapon skill and the other person MAX's agility is it still possible for me to hit him?

Or am i forced into making a balanced character who is good at doing a bit of everything?
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Well no. If you have 1 WS (which is the minmimun) but 15 S, chances are you're 1 attack should kill.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Bumpbump. I would like to see this become a game and would really like some feedback.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:53 pm

BUMP.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:48 pm

UNBUMP. Pay attention to me trying to make a new Forum RP instead of my doomed idea.
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Quaggan Mechanicus wrote:UNBUMP. Pay attention to me trying to make a new Forum RP instead of my doomed idea.
No.

imperialork3

Post by imperialork3 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 am

Seems like it would work.I'd like to see this take off would be really fun
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

Crusherfex

Post by Crusherfex » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 am

imperialork3 wrote:Seems like it would work.I'd like to see this take off would be really fun
Yay :D

If I get enough people (6-10) I'll get it started.