It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:34 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

"Lorem Reges" - A game of Nations, Peace, and War

Set up- at the beginning of the game, each player starts with D20x10 gold +200, and each following turns they get D20x10 gold. Gold is spent for buying troops, researching and trade.
Everyone gets 3 platoons of infantry (basically 3 points of attack) to place around the map. Just PM myself or Paladin-Zebra with locations of your troops (there is a map for a reason) Where you cover is the general area they will defend.

Peace Treaty- No one may attack for the first 2 turns.

Each turn is “1 month” of in game time, though in real time, around 72 hours.

Turns:

Each turn all the players make their actions in the thread, their last post before the turn ends is their actions. They may converse via PM. They make one primary action and one secondary action, the primary action is used to do something like declare war, make treatys, settle rebellions, put money into curing an epidemic, research, ect. You then have a secondary action in which you may construct troops or infrastructure. You may change your actions at will but be aware that at the end of the turn your last post is what you do! NO EDITING! IG is a mod and can tell if you did or not so if you edit you will automatically be hit by an anomally (VERY BAD!)

Move troops- PM Paladin-Zebra where you are moving your troops (into another country, just use MS paint or photoshop to place your troops or just tell us if you cant. Troops are alway along the borders and in the capital, you may use as many troops as you have and divide them up amungst the points of conflict. after each battle (if you win) your troops reamin there and can not be used for a certain amount of turns depending on your countrys size. Small countrys can instantly re-deploy troops, medium it takes a turn to re-deploy, and large take 2 turns. so say a medium country is attacked! it sends 3 platoons to fight back the attackers and win, the surviving troops will take another turn before they can be used again but if it was a small country (I.E. Fluffyfen) they can instantly move surviving troops to support another battle that turn.

Buy troops- in the early game you only have standered bolt action (WW1) infantry and cavalry to purchase, but as you get further into the game you will want to research upgrades to make these more powerful.

Infantry 20 gold, 1 month to train.
Cavalry 50 gold, 1 month to train.
Artillery 100 gold, 1 month to train.
Planes 100 gold, 2 months to train *needs to be reaserched*
Navy vessel 150 gold, 2 months to train.
Tanks 300 gold, 2 months to train *need reaserch*
U-boats 500 gold, 3 months to train *need research*

Research- During the game, players may start researching tech for a certain amount of gold. Health and education along with what your country is at right now (war, peace, revolution) will all effect how long it takes to reaserch different things.
1st milestone – 300$ gold- planes
2nd milestone – 1000$ gold- Tanks
3rd milestone -2000$ gold- U-boats

Economy- your economy is based on how much troops you have, your current gold and the health/education of your people. Basically, the more gold you are and the quicker your wars the better economy you have.

Education/health- this is determined by a starting D20 role, 20 is great, 1 is crap. Each turn depending on how much gold you have, how many troops you have, your political government, natural disasters and if you’re at war will determine the education of your people and health.

100$ to raise education/Health by 1

Random Events- every turn we will roll a D20, followed by another D20 and finally a D10. The first D20 is the type of random event (if there is one) and the second D20 is what event happens, and the D10 is for who it affects (9-10 is everyone). Maybe someone will get an unlucky string.

Combat:
Roll a D20 per side involved in battle, for each 1 platoon of infantry you field you get an extra +1 to the roll, for cavalry its +2, artillery +3, highest economic status +1, highest moral +1, better equipped troops +1, ect... so say you are specialized in cavalry you would get an extra +1 if 50% of your army contains cavalry. also for every three platoons of infantry they become a company for an extra +1 so 3 platoons equals +4

and that is combat in a quick rundown. But keep in mind that you can't throw all of your troops whilly nilly at one location; your troops take time to redeploy. So you have to spread your troops to different points, you are not allowed to see what your enemy is taking so it involves some strategy.

Navy: your navy is the only way to move across bodys of water (except airplanes) and are used for amphibious assaults and naval defense. your troops may protect islands belonging to you even if you dont have naval vessels (it is assumed they used merchent/fishery ships to get there). you can only attack a country bordered with the sea/ocean in order to use naval units. Naval units act as both transports and fighters. they act as transports allowing you to move troops to an area to attack and they also can fight off enemy ships. If your country is being attacked from the sea you may use your navay to fight the other ones off, this works like combat except each vessel adds +2 to the roll and infantry being carried to the invasion can not participate (as well as cavalry and artillery) if an invading force is deafeated at sea the invading force loses the ships that participated in that battle and half (rounding up) of their ground units (tanks cannot be saved). If you attack the land unopposed or if the enemys navy was defeated then you gain a +2 for each ship in the navy when attacking from water (as they support from the shore)

Winning the Game: to win the game you must eliminate all other countries. No complaining if you ganged up on seven people,

This is the rules in a quick nut shell and we will add onto them if its not clear enough or we add something in. AND PLEASE!!!! You can win through peaceful means, YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO TO WAR ALL THE TIME!!! You can if you want but just keep in mind that there are other options.

Last edited by Paladin-Zebra on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:34 pm 

again... we may have missed some things which we will go back and add/touch up on

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 pm 

Apologys for the triple post but the game will begin Thursday afternoon (my timezone... the earliest) so until then, plot, plan, and conspire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
hey can you clear up time it takes for troop movement considering purple is tiny and red is ginormous so how would the movement be affected?

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Oh wow! This will be interesting...

Quit changing your avatar/names people! It's so hard to keep track of! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Dangit... I'm at school then. Oh well. Krax will pound you all to dust!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 am 

fluffyfen wrote:
hey can you clear up time it takes for troop movement considering purple is tiny and red is ginormous so how would the movement be affected?

that is the problem I am having, I am thinking of changing it but I am not to sure. I might change the deployment where you dont need to PM anyone but instead your troops are just to be assumed at the border. as for small nations like yours (since you were the only one who rolled small) you can re-deploy troops almost instantly, so say you are attacked from both side by Ashranland and Krax, you send troops to deal with the krax attack and you slaughter them! you can then use your surviving troops to go and assist the attack from Ashran land as a larger nation wouldnt be able to and its troops would ramin at the battle site for that turn (and maybe the next if its large)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

By "slaughter" I assume you mean pounded into red mist by the relenteless artillery barrage?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:35 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Is the map going to be divided into zones/units? As is, there doesn't seem to be a definite method in moving troops except a 'what feels right' sort of deal, but, I feel like if the map were just divided into like 100 zones or something...

I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:36 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
No, it is a "What feels right" to Paladin and I for when you take over an area or move troops.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:40 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
So, were all going to spawn with insane amounts of money by the 2nd turn?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:42 pm 

Oh, btw I changed the point costs of all units...

Edit: Commando_Jim. D20x10 is basically, between 20 gold and 200 gold a turn, so with the new prices on units, not that insane.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:42 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
IGfanatic wrote:

to what?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:22 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
How will navy vessels function? ie; transport capacity, speed (they can get around the mediteranean relatively fast, faster than an army can travel across land), how they fight/what their attack is worth, etc.

I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:45 pm 

commando_jim wrote:
IGfanatic wrote:

to what?

Check the OP, pretty much everything costs more then 100 gold now.

Ashran wrote:
How will navy vessels function? ie; transport capacity, speed (they can get around the mediteranean relatively fast, faster than an army can travel across land), how they fight/what their attack is worth, etc.

Just transports guys to the islands and it takes one turn.

The subs can sink these vessels. Paladin and I haven't talked about U-boat hunters or transport capacity yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next