The Gaurdsmen return! Again...

This area is for fun non-wargaming forum games (such as Forum Mafia).
tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

The Gaurdsmen return! Again...

Post by tyranid4glory » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 am

A while back I made a game called "Guardsmen". The idea was simple.You are a Guardsmen. You have two choices. One would mean you could still live into next round, the other would result in a funny/painful/annoying death.Write down your response with a justification for why you chose that one. The other game mechanic is that you can come back three days later. Then, there is survival points. Every time you make a choice, write down the amount of survival points you have. (So for now everyone has 0) If you want, you can also write down current survival points and LIFETIME survival points. (Lifetime survival points is how much you've had all together). With these survival points, there are some skills you can "unlock" that give you unique benefits. So, all with me?
Here is the scene:
In the eastern fringe, there lies a small world. This small world has a designation that is long and official, but the inhabitants call it Idoneis. Idoneis is under threat of a necron tomb world awakening on its moon. Already some advanced scouts have made planetfall. The Imperium designated a suicide force to hold the line for Spacemarines to arrive, but they could be a long way off, and Idoneis is not a high priority for the Imperium...

Idoneis-Imperium post Epsilon 03-z4/sigma:
The sun was falling on the deep grey grass. Several trees dotted the windy tundra, and the clear sky gave an excellent view of the molten moon of Idoneis. The Necrons were coming, already they had made planetfall. The Guardsmen patrolled the rampants, weary of the moon and its bright, unsettling light it gave off. Suddenly, the otherwise idealic night was pierced by a sudden crackle of energy discharging. A host of necron deathmarks, barely seen amongst the night and the grass, opened fire on the outpost. Several gaurdsmen were killed by the fire, and many were totally unaware still. You, however, can see what is going on. What do you do?
A) Stay and look out for necrons, trying to warn people where they are.
B) Duck down behind the barricade, and wait for orders.
So: MY current survival points-0
MY lifetime survival points-0
GET READY! I hope this is enjoyed as much as the other two were.
Start again...Ha. A. A ha. A ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. A A A ha. Ha a ha. Hahaha a ha ha ha. Cough. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was told to....

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: The Gaurdsmen return! Again...

Post by easycompany » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:04 am

B) Duck down behind the barricade, and wait for orders.
Deathmarks are accurate shots, anyone who pokes their head up will be killed

My current survival points: 0
My lifetime survival points: 0
Curahee!

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:26 am

And due to no one else saying anything, a free point has just been given!

Quite true: Deathmarks are accurate

Any Guardsmen who looked over was killed, the heads being disintergrated and their bodies falling lifeless. The still living guardsmen managed to avoid death, but now they were risking the deathmarks firing through their meager cover. They could stay, and trust their cover, or dive down a 3-4 meter drop and run to safety (Or die in the fall)
A)Stay put
B)Dive down.
Maximum possible points:1
Start again...Ha. A. A ha. A ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. A A A ha. Ha a ha. Hahaha a ha ha ha. Cough. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was told to....

easycompany
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

B) Dive down.
I'll take my chances with the fall then trusting me cover against the Necrons. Barricades give a cover save of what? 5+?

My current survival points: 1
My lifetime survival points: 1
Curahee!

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 am

As the Guardsmen dive down, the Necron Deathmarks fir into the barricades, some sixth sense allowing them to guess where the Guardsmen are. The ones who jumped crawled away, many were fine, however, and made it to the more fortifies inner fort. They took an empty place behind an aegis defense line shield and watched as the front gate burst open to reveal a necron immortal squad!
What do you do?
A)Fire at their hands or heads, anywhere that stops them firing
B)Screw that! Stay down!
Max possible survival points:1

IPlayThisGame
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am

A)Fire at their hands or heads, anywhere that stops them firing
I'll trust my 3+ cover save, or at the very least try to take a couple down with me

Survival Points: 0

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 am

The Guardsmen who fired at the most vital parts succeded (not with individual accuracy but rather massed firepower) to knock the hands or heads to either disarm or disorientate the necrons. They were delayed long enough for the heavier weapons to fire at them, blowing them to shreds.
The guardsmen who didn't fire were shot by the Commisar. As the fight progressed, the Guardsmen saw more necrons deploying. Perhaps relocating would be a better choice?
A)Relocate to higher ground
B)Stay put

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Hmmm though I replied to the last one :(
Is where we are well defended and how well defended is higher ground?
Curahee!

IPlayThisGame
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by IPlayThisGame » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 pm

B)Stay put

I don't know about you, but I like my odds behind the Aegis. Let them come!

Survival Points: 1

easycompany

Post by easycompany » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:56 am

Screw it, together till the end!
B) Stay put

My current survival points: 2
My lifetime survival points: 2
Curahee!

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:41 pm

B) Stay put.

That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

Clabbage
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Clabbage » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:31 pm

I was gonna say Stay put... but that's what everyone else is doing...

A) Relocate!

I feel like my one ribbon really represents who I am as a person...

Quit changing your avatar/names people! It's so hard to keep track of! ;)

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:52 am

The fight momentarily stilled. There were was no noise. The Guardsmen shifted nervously, the Commisar remained stoic. The Tanks hummed and the dying men moaned. A burst of movement to the left as a guardsmen tried to relocate. The Commisar shot him through the head with no remorse. The noise was deafening. Though the following burst of noise as a Guass beam blasted the commisar's head clean of was even more deafening. The battle that followed was a blur, as the tanks slaughtered legion after legion of Necrons without pause. The Guardsmen waited...an eternity seemed to pass. Finally, the voice came over the vox, a single beacon of clarity over the smoke filled air and blood and shrapnel strewn ground:
"All clear, I repeat, all clear...initiating retreat to fortress delta-zero-one/sigma on command of General Utacius Prine"
The Guardsmen marshalled up, and could chose either to leave to the fortress or stay put an hope help the remaining squad here remove Imperial resources for future use. One couldn't be sure if the necrons were waiting silently outside or still waiting to enter the base.
A)Leave
B)Stay put
Total possible points:

IPlayThisGame

Post by IPlayThisGame » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:39 pm

A)Leave

Let's pack up and leave before the Annihilation Barge and Liche Guard show up.

Survival Points: 2

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 am

The Guardsmen leave, taking all they can. Only a few remain behind. As the convoy removes itself from the charred shell of the outer base, they can see the remainders begin to work on dismantling several aspects of the base. However, as soon as they leave weapons range,a huge bolt of energy cascades down from the moon. It immediately hits the base and totally disintegrates everything within the area. A shockwave follows almost instantly as the displaced air finds a new area to reside. The grass within several hundred feet is swashed backwards, stalks breaking. All vegetation is practically decimated within the blast radius. The convoys vechiles are flipped like dominoes from the force of the explosion.Several transports are flipped into a gorge, including the one holding you. Men and women are thrown of their feet, some flying into the ground, others hitting the stopped vechiles and ending up with fewer bones (and organs) then moments before. The energy beam is still shining, and a huge orb of incandescent energy radiates into the sky. The result that followed almost made the shockwave look like a minor occurence. Every piece of physical matter in the blast radius was disintergrated. You only just managed to survive. The sky is now a sickly green tinge, and the wreckage of your convoy is still all around you. The almost bone breaking fall saved you...
What do you do now?
A)Attempt to crawl over to a badly damaged, but still almost operating, vechile.
B) Sit up and address your wounds.