The Gaurdsmen return

This area is for fun non-wargaming forum games (such as Forum Mafia).
tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: The Gaurdsmen return

Post by tyranid4glory » Wed May 01, 2013 3:37 am

SweetSorrow wrote:guessing its too late to still play?
Nah, join in right now, so long as you know were we are!

The Guardsmen who started running got caught in the grass by lictors that had emerged, and the few left shooting bearly wounded it. The massive creature walked 20m to their left, and then moved inoxerably towards the base. Their base. It would destroy it. They watched as the horde followed it in unsettling silence. The creature moved slowly, yet its great strides could cover ground fast. Then, a valkerye appeared, and delivered a missile strike into its maw. The explosion made the beast roar in fury. The creature turned with a grace that belied its size and shot out an immense tounge that pulled the hapless valkerye to the ground, causing it to explode into an incandesant fireball.
Creatures health level: 9/10 (New feature, displaying how many times it can survive a dynamic event like that one)

The Guardsmen saw an opening through the lictor infected grass, a path that could lead to the valkerye. They reckoned supplies could be held there, but that would delay the time they could return. They could risk the grass, but that was stupid. But the lictors wouldn't attack their group, because it was to large, hopefully.

What do you do:
A) Go through the grass
B) Head to the valkerye.
Start again...Ha. A. A ha. A ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. A A A ha. Ha a ha. Hahaha a ha ha ha. Cough. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was told to....

Clabbage
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Clabbage » Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 am

Wow, didn't expect to die this early... xD Guess I'm out, see ya!
I feel like my one ribbon really represents who I am as a person...

Quit changing your avatar/names people! It's so hard to keep track of! ;)

Cthulu Mechanicus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 am

A. For Glory!
A Luna: Best reply ... ever.

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 am

WOOO I HURT IT!

B! for the Emperor we will die doing our duty! let the cowards get attacked by Lictors ;)
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

mrshadowguy
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mrshadowguy » Wed May 01, 2013 12:17 pm

B) I'm not going near those Lictors
That one dude on that one forum with the Squrtile picture.

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed May 01, 2013 1:32 pm

well just joining in and i could really use the supplies. so let go to the crashed valk. B
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Thu May 02, 2013 2:57 am

Clabbage wrote:Wow, didn't expect to die this early... xD Guess I'm out, see ya!
See you in 3 days time. because the rules say anyone who dies can rejoin 3 days later. The game only ends when everyone dies at once.

The Lictor infected tree-grass claimed anyone who went in there. The strangled screams haunted the minds of those who heard them. They pushed forward, and eventually arrived at the wreck. Smoke billowed out in a worrying way, and the remains of the storage containers dotted the crater. Three or four remained intact, and one held a Med-kit. (Bring Clabbage back!) The others held ammo, pistols, grenades and one had a evacuation beacon.
Then, just as someone tries to activate it, the ground erupts in a spray of dirt, gravel and mud. The excess water in the ground takes on a reddish tinge as the guardsmen directly above the first eruption was split neatly in two. The Heaving ground stopped, but the movement didn't. From the dirt and blood soaked mud emerged three raveners, who eyed the nearest guardsmen before cutting him to human confetti. The remainders flee, panic and even fire desperertly in an attempt to avoid death. Rather then join the pandamonium, you think before your actions.
What do you do?
A) Climb the wreck. Those raveners don't have guns and they will chase the fleeing ones down first
B) Run away, back the way you came.
Start again...Ha. A. A ha. A ha ha ha. A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. A A A ha. Ha a ha. Hahaha a ha ha ha. Cough. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was told to....

Clabbage
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Clabbage » Thu May 02, 2013 3:11 am

Alright, see you in 3 days then :P (Unless someone awesome saves me with the medkit :P )
I feel like my one ribbon really represents who I am as a person...

Quit changing your avatar/names people! It's so hard to keep track of! ;)

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Thu May 02, 2013 6:26 am

Save me! I have the sentinel, which, come to think of it, counts as 3 medkits if I remember the description correctly.

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Fri May 03, 2013 3:29 am

It counts as 3 lives. You can use one to save clabbage if you want.
Cthulu Mechanicus wrote:Save me! I have the sentinel, which, come to think of it, counts as 3 medkits if I remember the description correctly.
You lost one life. Two left. Save clabbage and you have one left. (Then your sentinel explodes)

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Fri May 03, 2013 6:01 am

A! Raveners are horrible at climbing!

and they chase moving targets more than stationary ones!

that and they can't climb
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Fri May 03, 2013 6:16 am

So, I'm still alive? I'll do A in that case. Sentinel-man... AWAY!

Also, doesn't my spec-ops armour have a medkit? If it does, I'll save Clabbage. I also reccomend posting a summary of the items in the first post, if possible.

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm

A for me, if for nothing else than the ability to shoot them from above as they climb to get me.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

tyranid4glory
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by tyranid4glory » Sat May 04, 2013 1:21 am

The gaurdsmen climb the ruined valkerye, and watch the raveners chase the moving targets. They die in a horrible death, to which most guardsmen look away from. The ruin provides protection, but sooner or later they will come back. The Guardsmen see another valkerye coming in. A greeting is heard over the coms-link.
"Need extraction?" The Pilot asks.
The guardsmen draw its attention, and soon they are aboard the modified valkerye. They fly away from the crash site, back to base. The Guardsmen discover the creature has not yet arrived, but every counter attack has been repelled by it. They soon land, and see the entire base mobilised.
They walk to their pre-determined locations. The bulk of forces are all ready, but they are not. Before they reach their post, a commisar comes to them and gives them unbelivable news:
"You have been assigned as a leman russ driver..."
How do you respond?
A) "yes, thank you sir!" You say, and enter your tank.
B) "Im better of fighting on foot" And decline the offer, walking back to your post.

Cthulu Mechanicus

Post by Cthulu Mechanicus » Sat May 04, 2013 7:14 am

A. Yessir!

Commisars scare me.