GB XXXI: Like New

This month's theme is Undamaged Structures.
DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Re: GB XXXI: Like New

Post by DracoAvian » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:08 am

You do not, but the only reason I did was because I was in the middle of cutting out the walls when I made the thread. You're supposed to have something to show when you make the thread and a sketch or blueprint usually does a good job of showing people what you are planning on doing.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

DavicusPrime
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Layfrog1234 wrote:I'm not gonna be competing in this group build buti was wondering for the next one: do we have to post a drawling of what we are going to build along with the pics of work?
The rules only require a work-in-progress (WIP) picture and a completed picture. Everything else you post is optional.

But one of the suggestions is that you don't start a project thread until you have something to show. So most of the time folks post drawings because they want to get their thread started early and haven't had a chance to do much more than sketch out a plan by the first week.

BTW: all the stuff above is spelled out in the first post on this thread. Read it and if you still have any questions, we'll be happy to explain further. :wink:

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:19 pm

How is everyone's builds coming?
Only a few days left to submit your final entries...
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Blue wrote:How is everyone's builds coming?
Only a few days left to submit your final entries...
I wanted to do something this month, but Orks don't really have anything that looks "new". Not to mention I'm busy making stuff for Yule this month.
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

I made two non-new buildings this month lol Nothing pristine though
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 pm

This can be a tough time of the year for everybody so I'm extending this build a little longer until the 31st of the month to allow some of you to complete.

Keep up the hard work!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Layfrog1234
MiniWarGaming Regular
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by Layfrog1234 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:59 am

Thx blue u rock

Layfrog1234
Waaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!
Orks-1000 (approx)

bugbait_nz
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by bugbait_nz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Thats GOOD news!

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Blue wrote:This can be a tough time of the year for everybody so I'm extending this build a little longer until the 31st of the month to allow some of you to complete.

Keep up the hard work!
There's some good ones this time, but now I'm itching to build something! When is the next build starting?
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

Return to “Group Build XXXI (31)”