GB XXX: VOTE

This month's theme is Defensive Fortifications

Who built the best Defensive Fortification?

Sethsides Gudrun Inner Checkpoint
26%
Crusherfex's Hive Hole Haven
2%
DracoAvian's bombed/burnt-out church
33%
Hightower86´s preserved fortress section
30%
Balangaz's foward defensive outpost
9%

Total votes: 46

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

GB XXX: VOTE

Post by Blue » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:57 am

Now this was a great month, you guys really pulled out some nice builds and shared a lot of info and ideas.

You know what to do...
Don't forget to leave some feedback for these builders...
Every title below is clickable for a direct link to their WIP threads for some more pictures.
Sethsides Gudrun Inner Checkpoint

Crusherfex's Hive Hole Haven

DracoAvian's bombed/burnt-out church

Hightower86´s preserved fortress section

Balangaz's foward defensive outpost

Hope to see you guys next month!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: GB XXX: VOTE

Post by Crusherfex » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:22 pm

I went with Draco's church. Not only was it flawless (like many others) but it was really spacious, which makes it usable in game too!
Everyone had amazing pieces, I really can't criticize (except for mine :lol: )
Great job everyone!

Tmb
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Post by Tmb » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Everyone did a great job on the terrain, it was really hard to pick, but in the end I chose Draco Wrecked Church peice, mainly cause I liked it the most.
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

Superior Man
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by Superior Man » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 pm

I vote for Sethsides. Although it's hard to leave DracoAvian and Hightower86 out.
++++++++++++++++++
Update (06/08/2016): -> Battlefleet Gothic playthrough! <-
++++++++++++++++++

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!
O o
/¯/________________________
| BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Nocturus
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Nocturus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Loved both the inner checkpoint and the church, but my vote had to go to the church for flexibility in use on ANY battle field. Great job to everyone!

Noc
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. -Isaac Asimov
I bow down, Nocturus. --Aloh'Kais
Tau 6th Ed. W-0 D-0 L-3
Tau w/ Eldar Allies W-3 D-1 L-3

Retrofit
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Retrofit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I voted for hightower66. I've tried countless times to make something like that and it never turns out half as good. Sethside was a really close second though.
Stuff happens in places.

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by genso6 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:51 am

Definitely DracoAvian, with hightower a close second!
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:16 am

i went with crusher cause he put time into his project and should be recognized for it plus i like the red streaks in the white. hightower is my next fav followed by balangaz
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Emmceeandrew
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Emmceeandrew » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:47 am

I went with the burnt out church. A well thought out and executed piece that looks like it would be a great objective on a table that would both block LoS and encourage assaults from all angles. Very nice.
Imperial Guard: Cadian 501st "Spades" WIP - Here
Breech: Fall of Trench 45 - Here - Happy 40k Subscribers MWG!

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:19 pm

darkned1ight wrote:i went with crusher cause he put time into his project and should be recognized for it plus i like the red streaks in the white. hightower is my next fav followed by balangaz
lol i loved all the pieces!!! you all did a splendid job! and if my dear brother hadn't voted before me, i would've voted for the hightower. just because i think it has a wonderful dark beauty to it that befits me and my armies :D
the japanese fortress(becuase i can't rememebr what it's called and am too lazy to scroll for it) is a close second and everyone else is a third i don't think i'd be able to decide between :shock:

i've noticed these entries getting better and better each time >.>
i'm never going to stand a chance at this rate XD

-BB
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

DracoAvian
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by DracoAvian » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 am

There is so much that I know I could have done that I couldn't even consider choosing myself, then I looked at the other builds again and I didn't know how I could even consider considering myself :P I was stuck with Hightower and Sethside. In the end I had to vote for hightower. I love his piece so much, even if I disagree with one small decision :P It was a hard choice to make, but I think he deserves the vote. It was the floor tiles that did it in for me. Those are just beautiful. The good lighting couldn't have hurt either. (I'll have to make sure to take pictures during the day next time.)

That said, everyone's piece was pretty awesome. I love the subtlety, yet functionality of balangaz's outpost, and is something for me to try and emulate in the future. If I had the power to award a special "most challenging/ambitious build" it would be to Crusher. I've got to face it, organic, slimy, tyranid terrain is too tough for me to even think about attempting.
Sometimes I play all the Elves. Sometimes I play Eldar or IG. But between school and warhammer, how's a fella supposed to eat?

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 am

I forgot to to put and end on the poll so... I just ended it!
DracoAvian in the lead with 14 votes.
Congrats dude! :D
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Return to “Group Build XXX (30)”