GB:XXIX: VOTE

This month's theme: Magic! Join in on the fun and create some terrain.

Who Built The Most Magical Build???

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:20 am

Sethside's Archives Of The Damned
61%
Cam's Haunted Tree like fulcrum
9%
Xand's Magical Island Altar
30%

Total votes: 23

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

GB:XXIX: VOTE

Post by Blue » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:20 am

You guys know what to do!
Don't forget each name below is clickable for a direct link to their WIP threads for more pics and some inspiration.

Please feel free to leave some constructive criticism and feedback for these terrain builders. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Great job to everyone this month, everyone's ideas for this theme were very creative and maybe a tad... crazy. Hope to see you all next month!

Sethside's Archives Of The Damned

Cam's Haunted Tree like fulcrum

Xand's Magical Island Altar
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Tmb
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
Location: I live as the crow flies... err... You get what I mean.

Re: GB:XXIX: VOTE

Post by Tmb » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 am

Starting with sethsides

I really like the clear green gems. As well as the pale green color symbol, (what is it it looks like a necron symbol, but I don't know 100%... btu going with the colors i'm guessing it is necrons.) Also you did a nice job on high lighting the cracks with green.

Cam's

I like the tree it's creative looks really cool, and it looks haunted and really interesting. The paint job on the tree looks like an actual tree.

Xand's

I enjoy looking at this one because i like floating islands, i've always enjoyed the terrain people make when it's floating. The trees look great and so does the island itself. The waterfalls are nice and I really like the roots hanging down.

in the end I voted for sethside
The Sky holds the Storm Rain Mist Lightning Cloud and the Sun all in harmony

dcrabb
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by dcrabb » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 am

All three entrys this month are great.

The Necron one is plain, simple yet conveys a sense of "something could happen any second"

The tree is an awesome concept as is the floating island, but they could use a bit more work to make them truly awesome in exection. The tree needs to a better base i.e. more roots and nooks and crannys to make it more realistic. The eyes, teeth and paint job are great. The floating island is fantastic but could use two things: 1 painting the support pole in the middle a dark color to make it disappear and some colors added to the waterfall, i.e. reds for blood or bright greens or blues to make it look like it is flowing magical energy.

balangaz
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm going with Sethside's Archives Of The Damned since whis is the piece I would like to have on my table more than the other two. The Floating altar would have made first if the wooden dowel wasn't so in your face, but that detail made Seth's piece take gold.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

genso6
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by genso6 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Gotta say sethsides, very nice piece of basing that looks like he could've designed the Arcane ruins kit for GW.
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

dragonianwolf
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by dragonianwolf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm

I like the creepy tree
but voted on the cronny altar cause of my love for crons and cause the paintjob is also wicked (to my opinion) when I see this I get a feeling of a 'c tan being summoned (but again my opinion)
what do you get when you take necrons and put them in orks
hmmm....
maybe necrorks (robotick soulless orks with the mind of orks)
my photobucket album

Blue
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by Blue » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:44 am

Sethside> The build came out great. Brick by brick is annoying if nothing else so props on that one. The cracked slab look perfect too, actually looks like something hit that one particular area there.(you didn't overdo it!) And the painting on the rune came out very very nice.
As I stated in your WIP thread, there needs to be some snow on top of the slab and arch to complete the look. Great work all around bud. What is interesting is that usually you will see rounded edges on the base but you made yours squared and it adds to the necron feel. Really came out great and would be a nice display base for a small diorama.

Cam> Loved this one, the texture of the bark is spot on and the expression you gave it really adds to the overall feel. I mean it's really creepy dude. Then you made it light up too. I noticed in one of the pics you made it so there are small holes beneath the platform so spots of light pour through and illuminate the mini from beneath. Great idea dude. It really doesn't even need to be lite up for it to look creepy though. Sort of looks like a blind rabid tree when not lit up.
I would have helped to give it a base I think, just to complete the look. Could have added in some scary shrooms dude!

Xand> Nice one dude. The tree's and roots came out great. I like how the roots of the tree are exposed(not the ones dangling but directly attached to the trees). Too bad the thing came out weighing too much in the end. Its still a great piece of terrain. It's a shame the book didn't make the final cut. It looked great on the alter there.

Nice work this month guys!
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Return to “Group Build XXVIIII (29)”