Reclaimers questions

Discuss the mechanics of Dark Potential here.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
Mawz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Reclaimers questions

Post by Mawz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:37 am

Hey Everyone,

So i really wanna get into Dark Potential and im highly interested in the Reclaimers.

first off i am looking at the starter pack and on the mwg web store it says the starter comes with:
1 Reclaimer Captain, 1 Reclaimer Squad (1 Leader + 3 Grunts), 1 Reclaimer Scout, 1 Reclaimer Missile Launcher

now after looking through the rules i realised which units are what i would just appreciate mwg to use the proper names it may help newer people out in the future ya know.

second for the reclaimers i wanted to use a targeting scanner kinda strategy however in the Targeting special rule i notice it says... when a unit is hit by a weapon with the targeting special rule...and no where can i find where it clearly explains how to test for "HIT" and let alone it must be terribly hard to hit someone with a weapon that has 0 str...? typo maybe?

idk if these have been clarified or not so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...

Thank you all for your time.

cymruvoodoo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Reclaimers questions

Post by cymruvoodoo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:52 am

I think on the Targeting question you're confusing "damage" with "hit" - as long as you generate one or more hits with the Margin of Success of the attack roll, the targeting scanner has hit its target.

Mawz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Mawz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:44 pm

but even still in the current rules i dont see the clear section about hitting and clear section about damaging

AkimboJonesx21
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by AkimboJonesx21 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 pm

"Hitting" is when you roll against distance, cover, and defense with the range of the weapon and the "ranged attack" attribute. "Wounding" is when you roll against armor with the strength of the weapon. All of which is under "Ranged Attacks" in the current rules.

Mawz
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Mawz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm

I found what i was looking for page numbers in the rule book would have sufficed