Stealth Bases

Discuss the mechanics of Dark Potential here.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
desmonddentresti
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Stealth Bases

Post by desmonddentresti » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Micky wrote:- maybe it can be something sold separately for those who want it.
That would be exceptionally better as you would still get everything you wanted ie: the crouched stealth version while not being virtually forced into paying more but you would be paying more if you did buy both because you arent buying . That is a trick of sale that the quick witted use thats why bundles are cheaper, but only buy a small amount...the downside to that, would these separate box sets be character specific? As in, would there be a specific set of clear X'lanthos Assassin models, Corporation Commando and such? Or will there be a 'simple' version for all models? One 'simple' model would mean you make it an average size, between the tall and short stealth models, so that the smaller stealth models would be at a slight disadvantage where as bigger stealth models would have an advantage. Making specific stealth field models however would mean you would have to look specifically at which ones you are getting for your army, it would also mean less of each so it would be more likely to run out of them.

D.D.

Cow
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Cow » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Which is why I'd suggest having a straight up height and width written right into the rules in the Stealth section. Just say all models in stealth are such and such high, such and such wide and long. This simplifies everything. I believe most stealth worthy stuff will be human sized anyway. Nw, just like AoE markers, you can make your own if you wish, you've got the measurements, but you could alternatively buy official MWG markers and templates for this stuff if you are wanting the more authentic stuff as well.
My wine coaster is a blast template.

My Tank is Fight!

My other shirt has a Psychic Hood

dragon1010
Silver Vault Member

Post by dragon1010 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Now what if there was somethng like a stealth model pack. Its more like a height template than anything else. Like each base size has a certain stealth height. So if there are 3 different size bases in the game you get 3 models in the pack, one for each base size. These are all genaric models. So what happens is only the bases are on the field but when they are being interacted with you just put the "stealth model" on the base thats already there. Therefore only a coulle models have to be bought and there is no increase on the preexisting miniatures
armies i play: tyranids (14000 pts), marines (4000 pts) orks (1750 pts) eldar (4000 pts) ig (3000 pts) lizardmen (2500 pts) high elves (3000 pts) cryx (100 pts) blindwater congregation (50 pts) trollbloods (25 pts) Legion of Everblight (50 pts)

cymruvoodoo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by cymruvoodoo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:11 pm

I think I could get behind that. I'm not as fond of this idea as I am of the idea of challenging the notion that a stealth model has to be present in some form rather than just a token but at least this way the cost of having stealth models is transparent to the gamer in that there's a clear accounting.

Cow
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Cow » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:55 pm

cymruvoodoo wrote:I think I could get behind that. I'm not as fond of this idea as I am of the idea of challenging the notion that a stealth model has to be present in some form rather than just a token but at least this way the cost of having stealth models is transparent to the gamer in that there's a clear accounting.
*Rimshot*
My wine coaster is a blast template.

My Tank is Fight!

My other shirt has a Psychic Hood

cymruvoodoo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by cymruvoodoo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:42 pm

You're welcome. I was honestly worried it was going to be overlooked.