What would you like to see in Dark Potential?

Discuss the mechanics of Dark Potential here.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
Roscoe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

What would you like to see in Dark Potential?

Post by Roscoe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Im sure we all have some things that we would like to see added to Dark Potential.

Heres my list

1. Stealth models having a backstab USR that enables them to inflict an automatic wound if stealthed and in base contact with another model.

2. A version of deepstriking (probably more like the way Infinity does deepstriking) or outflanking.

3. More Variations on damage types and their affects

4. Knock back damage, there should be rules for units taking damage who are knocked back into walls or area terrain, I would suggest it should be a hit at the strength equal to how many inches the model was knocked.

5. Zero gravity mines, perhaps these should only be available to elite squads of reclaimers or something but basicly these would lower defence of affected models and negate any cover bonuses

6. Shooting into close combat
My suggestion for this is firing into a close combat treats the entire combat as a unit, shooting is resolved as normal against the combat without factoring in defence of any of the units participating. Share the margin of success equally among all participating units, any remainders are placed by the shooting player. Then factor in the defence of the units. The end result is the amount of hits the unit takes.

7. Motorbikes!

Feel free to add your own list.

coolbloo22
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: What would you like to see in Dark Potential?

Post by coolbloo22 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:16 am

Yup, you pretty much summed up my hopes for Dark Potential. At the top of my list is vivid scenarios, secondary stealth ideas where models could already be on the field at the beginning of the game (like infiltrating in 40k), and possibly a mechanized solo for the bandits that rides a motorcycle (maybe a hovercycle) into combat.

slaughtergames
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by slaughtergames » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:34 am

-a capture the flag scenario? (return 'flags' to home base)

-pinning/fleeing in addition to breaking. 'cause DP is one of the only games where morale really matters as far as i know.

-vehicles in the sense of bikes or tacticals
"i buy me new deffkopta!!"
"waaaagh!"
"i did research, to find out how to minimize the randomness of the shock-attack gun."
"huh?"
"waaaagh!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!"

Roscoe
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Roscoe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 am

Ahh yes I agree a capture the enemy supply cache type scenario would be cool as would some form of pinning.

Cow
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Cow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:24 pm

On your list:

Almost all of them are great.
But:

2. Just not entirelly neccessary. Unless Deep Strike isn't assumed to mean Vertical Deployment, Teleporting that I automatically assume is the case in 40K. Outflanking maybe, but can't you just use stealthed units?

4. Ya totally, some heavy hitters should be able to knock enemies back! But why not use the same rules that already exist? Why make them different from falling damage?

Oh ya, and decent idea for number 6. So far can't see anything wrong with it.
My wine coaster is a blast template.

My Tank is Fight!

My other shirt has a Psychic Hood

Chocapik98
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Chocapik98 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Even if this is a really old and unused topic I want to post my list:

1.Animals being a hordish faction

2. Bears and Gorillas

3. A solo named after Cymruvoodoo (he has earned it)

4. Another (just 1) faction

Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Captain-Shawn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm

I'd like to see a medic-like solo in every army, since survival is paramount amongst every faction thus meaning everyone they can save they'll try to. Or perhapes multiple wounds on standard infantry and force wounds to be directional (closest to closet taken first etc). Having 2 wounds standard on infantry would be interesting I think, but add a special debuff when on your last wound that reduces Movement and RA by 1 and MR by 1 on Solos, representing a weakened body and mind from taking damage. In a squad multiple wounded models would not stack the negative modifiers, but until wounded models died or were healed they would be debuffed.
Another interesting idea would make Squad leaders have Heal(5). Not the most likely chance of healing but a little more fitting i think to helping one another survivor.
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"

El Chino
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by El Chino » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 pm

A) Nod to Captain-Shawn and his call for more medics!
B) Nod to Slaughtergames and his call for more than just breaking, pinning would be good
C) For strategy/tactics: bonus to attacking flanks
D) For strategy/tactics: how about alternating activation of units. I'm not a big fan of you-go-I-go

roirhin
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by roirhin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:50 am

Since you already have the starter sets, why dont you make Infantery sets and Solo sets?
You got the idea.
Like for the squad set they would have a box with 2 squads of 4 and in the solos they would have 4 solos.

ashan46
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ashan46 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 pm

1- a few new scenarios
2-more fleshed out story
3- my idea for the highlander faction to be considered.
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 16&t=79335

OldhamA
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by OldhamA » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:49 pm

I don't think this has been mentioned - but as it's a skirmish type game I wouldn't mind some of the Necromunda mechanics coming into play.

i.e. after each battle you work out what experience ppl have got. What new skills they've acquired. If they were 'killed' you work out if that was fatal, or if it's just a wound that debilitates them somehow moving forward.

You'd get much more invested in the game I think. I mean it's meant to be small bands/teams of warriors right?

Cow
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Cow » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:08 pm

OldhamA wrote:I don't think this has been mentioned - but as it's a skirmish type game I wouldn't mind some of the Necromunda mechanics coming into play.

i.e. after each battle you work out what experience ppl have got. What new skills they've acquired. If they were 'killed' you work out if that was fatal, or if it's just a wound that debilitates them somehow moving forward.

You'd get much more invested in the game I think. I mean it's meant to be small bands/teams of warriors right?
Never played Necromunda, but I like this idea.
Assuming it's not full on RPG character progression, but just a light one that adds character, this would make for great league games.
Is this Necromunda mechanic similar to Blood Bowl player career progression? A few small bonuses from doing great things, and a few small penalties for getting injured? That would be what I would like to see in Dark Potential.
My wine coaster is a blast template.

My Tank is Fight!

My other shirt has a Psychic Hood

Ollieman41
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by Ollieman41 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I would like to see some kind of nomadic faction that wanders foraging for tech and food.

ashan46
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by ashan46 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:47 pm

1. Silent weaponry: allows for certain units to remain hidden while attacking.(Example: Crossbow used by Highlander Man-hunter)
2. Vehicles
3. Dynamic Vehicle Rules that flexibly combine stuff about vehicle health, special damage effects, terrain handling, and crew skill and health, rules for open topped vehicles, and possibly rules for taking over abandoned or cleared out vehicles with other troops.

Hauke
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Hauke » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:14 am

1. Dynamic movement and shooting (like in infinity, or one unit after another, or with a turnphase where you bring the units in an order)

2. Simple Movement dynamics like climbing, jumping, falling and so on

3. the possibility to take and use the enemys weapons and vehicles

4. interactions with the terrain, like perhaps a Cybot-like walker breaks a wall, throw a box at the enemy or a normal soldier pushes cover when hes walking