Reclaimers-too much spray

Discuss the mechanics of Dark Potential here.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
kaalu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Reclaimers-too much spray

Post by kaalu » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:16 pm

just wondered if it seemed like the reclaimer faction has too many units with "spray" type weapons and not enough units with normal guns? it makes it really hard to make an army list that is not pure recruits or almost entirely dependent on observer + redeemer combo. more basic infantry please? maybe take the spray weapons off the jetpack guys? (this is based off 0.1.5 rules because that is all i can find does anyone know where to find more up to date rules?)

miniwargaming
Site Admin

Re: Reclaimers-too much spray

Post by miniwargaming » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:20 am

We will be working on balancing the other units once the models come out. Once they are out we will definitely analyze things like this.

kaalu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by kaalu » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:41 pm

thanks, do you have any idea when updated rules will be on the DP website? i have seen 0.2 and 0.3 (i think i saw a 0.4?) versions used in battle reports and got very confused. love the game though and cant wait till bioformed!

Tryg2
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Tryg2 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 pm

In the downloads section at the DP website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x9cm7g0qr114 ... ersion.pdf

Been meaning to mention this earlier.

kaalu
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by kaalu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 am

Tryg2 wrote:In the downloads section at the DP website.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x9cm7g0qr114 ... ersion.pdf

Been meaning to mention this earlier.
yes i know i have downloaded (thanks tho) but that is version 0.1.5, my question is when can we expect that to get updated to 0.2 or higher. in the battle reports they mention all these changes and stuff that sound great and i REALLY want to try out these new versions and am looking forward to them being made public for play testing i just wonder how long we need to wait or if there is somewhere else these are posted 'cuz i see people reviewing 0.4 in forums. help?

Tryg2
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Tryg2 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:38 am

I know it says "0.1.5", but it also says that it is updated "Feb 2013". I dobt that they have gone through 3 versions of the rules in a month; I admit there must be some confusion somewhere if others are saying the is a version 0.4 though.

Sabet
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Sabet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:25 am

I'd just like to mention that we can potentially go through a version every two days or so (though not as often anymore) from major changes that need fixing realised from community feedback
The Beasts are rising...

Cyrmuvoodoo deserves a reward for the massive contribution to this game