A second unlimited Reclaimer unit

Discuss the mechanics of Dark Potential here.
Forum rules
Please understand that by posting anything in this area of the forum that you are acknowledging that MiniWarGaming has permission to use your ideas without compensation.
Captain-Shawn
MiniWarGaming Zealot

A second unlimited Reclaimer unit

Post by Captain-Shawn » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 am

I find it a little odd that the Reclaimers don't have a alternative Unlimited unit choice. Granted there is nothing forcing you to take nothing but the limited options, but still I think it would be nice to get another option for some standard units equiped with Particle Rifles. So here's just an idea of what I had in mind. Just a little idea for a little something to spice things up and add more variety.

Vanguard Team: 50
MV:8 Def:4 AR:3 ST:1 AT:1 RA:13 CC: 7 PR:7 MR:7 WO:1 CP:1

Size: 3-5
Equipment: Repulser, Particle Rifle, Exoskeleton, Det Pack
May Take an Additional Team Member: 15 points per
May Add Flash Grenades: 5 Points
May Add Grav Pack: 10 Points

Basically what these guys are a slightly buffed Initiate team. Fluff wise this team would be composed of Initiates who survive many missions to which their officers combine them together to form a special team that spear heads an operation. They try to equip themselves with the right equipment to help them survive without support and hold a position while waiting for backup.

Additionally, there could be an interesting take on a sniper like unit where instead of a normal sniper rifle it'd be something like a Particle Beam (maybe simply just a solo with a Particle Beam). Also just because it sounds cool, a Repeating Repulser would be an awesome weapon, which could be maybe something that fires multiple spray templates with decreasing range on consecutive shots? Just throwing around ideas~.
"Why did the Necromancer kill everyone in the tavern? He wanted to raise the bar!"