Group Build:XXVIII(28)-Obj Mkrs Imp Comm Station Complete

This month's theme: Objective Markers
dcrabb
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Group Build:XXVIII(28)-Obj Mkrs Imp Comm Station Complete

Post by dcrabb » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Here is my Imperial Comm station objective. Simple and easy to build from bits laying around. I think it makes are realistic objective.

It's made from some IG hvy weapons (tripod and mortar tube), some search light bits, and a couple of storage boxes and a tool kit from some IG vehicle (I don't remember which). The angle of the mortar tube base as too steep for the antenna to look realistic so I had to cut off the base of the mortar tube and file down the angle a bit but that was the only real modifications I and to make.

comm station 1 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

Here is a finished paint job photo,

comm station 3 by Doug Crabb, on Flickr

Blue
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Re: Group Build:XXVIII(28)-Obj Mkrs Imp Comm Station Complete

Post by Blue » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:41 am

Random bits makes some good stuff.
Nice one dude! I would have liked to see some more color but there really isn't anywhere for it.
New Video! How I Paint Flames On Miniatures
The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug.
My Terrain Tutorial: How To Make Cheap Easy Terrain

Return to “Group Build XXVIII (28)”